Monday, November 26, 2007

Here I am!

Why in the world did they have to put a holiday smack in the middle of NaBloPoMo? I was doomed to failure from the start. I'm just not reliable when it comes to doing something every single day, without fail. We did have a fabulous Thanksgiving, though, as I hope all of you did as well.

I spent the weekend cleaning like crazy, cooking like crazy, and knitting like crazy. My poor mom (who left to return to the frozen Midwest this morning) got sick like she always does - her immune system is just not used to the cesspool of germs created by small children... I made some good bread with my lovely Kitchenaid mixer and this cool white whole wheat flower from Bob's Red Mill. I also whipped up a turkey soup using our leftover turkey that was fan-freakin'-tastic, if I do say so myself. Even the kids liked it, and that's saying a lot! I also ventured into the wild world of applesauce and whipped up a batch that's really tasty - no sugar, just a little cinnamon and vanilla added to some amazing super-sweet apples that we got at the farm stand yesterday.

I got fifteen designs swatched, sketched and finally sent out this weekend. Here's a rare picture of me at work, snapped by my mom:



Whew! That's a lot of submitting. I could find myself completely overwhelmed, although it seems like the more work I have to do, the faster I knit. I've also located some really fabulous sample knitters to help me out when I get totally desperate. Thanks, ladies!

Progress is being made on the TNNA designs. I must admit, the last thing in the world I feel like doing is formatting patterns, but it has to be done. I'd love to just knit, knit, knit all the time. Unfortunately, running a design business sometimes has very little to do with knitting and has a lot to do with publishing, figuring out how to use your software correctly, thinking about things like marketing and advertising budgets, fun stuff like that. There are definitely days when I want nothing more than to go back to the leisurely world of knitting for fun. Only problem is, I can't just leave things well enough alone. I have to try to make something out of them. Silly me.

Some of you may remember waaaaay back two years ago, when I published pictures of our rotten Halloween pumpkins melting into our porch. Well - they're back!



I wonder how long they'll stay...

2 Comments:

Blogger Connie said...

I think you're doing an admirable job at NaBloPoMo. Even if you're not strictly posting everyday, the spirit is right and I've been enjoying these more frequent doses :)

Good for you for getting submissions out. I want to send a few out too, but haven't yet gotten myself in gear to do so.

6:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have been busy! I have two lagging submissions-you're right, the knitting is the fun part!

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home