Saturday, November 17, 2007

Do we feel like knitting?

Yes we do! I feel so good having started the process of getting my life in order - it's having the unexpected benefit of inspiring my knitting! The pile o' swatches continues to grow at breakneck speed. Pretty soon they will be set to blocking while I start to sketch up my design submissions. It's really fun to see the swatch pile grow, because I can see how my designing has improved from just a year ago. I don't know why it surprises me that I'm getting better with practice... Sometimes it feels like creative talent is inborn - either you have it, or you don't. It's easy to forget that craft can be learned as well as inherited.

I think everyone else feels like knitting, too, because the shop was hopping today! And I was so happy about one particular sale - the right knitter finally came through the door and grabbed Janet Szabo's Cables Volume One off the shelf! If you don't remember my story about scaring a knitter my second day on the job with this book, you can review here, mid-post. Anyway, today's intrepid customer was none other than Blue Moon's Tina Newton. I won't tell you whether or not she bought any yarn...

At work, I get a nice break from work knitting to do...well, work knitting. But at work, I get to pick out other people's patterns to knit. Right now, I'm making the Sand Dollar Sweater from Norah Gaughan's Knitting Nature out of Fleece Artist Scotian Silk. Yummy! Up next, I'm going to be doing one of the Purl Grey kits made from Handmaiden Ottawa. After that, who knows! It's fun to have so many possibilities (and get to use someone else's yarn to make it with).

Tonight, I'm back to the swatch pile. I've got a couple sweaters and some socks to swatch for, and maybe a baby outfit and a scarf. So many swatches, so little time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home