Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Okay...

So, maybe every other day is going to have to be my new goal. There just isn't time for blogging when I'm so busy cooking and cleaning the house! And let me tell you, the house is cleaner than it has been since our cleaning lady quit to go back to school. I love it, although it does cut into my internet surfing time. That's probably a good thing - there's much less time for me to get involved with Ravelry drama when I'm busy scrubbing out the bathtub.

The great thing is that the kids are totally into it! They're picking up all their toys right now (Owen's running around singing out "clean up, clean up, clean up, clean up, clean up, clean up..." I don't know how helpful he's actually being, but it's the thought that counts.

I've made some good progress on my submissions and sent off one packet of swatches/sketches this morning. I still have four more designs I want to swatch, but the end is in sight. I'm submitting a total of 16 designs with the hope that I can get one into each of the four publications I'm submitting to. If that happens, I'm going to be one very busy girl in the next few months. I'm already wondering how I'm going to get two pairs of socks and a sweater done before the end of the year. I'd better get started...

Tomorrow is going to be a big food day around here. Bill picked up our 18-lb turkey at the market this afternoon, and I made a batch of whole-wheat yeast rolls with my Kitchenaid mixer. Bill got me the mixer for Christmas three years ago but it hasn't been out of its box until this morning. I have to say, that dough hook totally rocks! I do like kneading bread, but the rolls were so nice and moist because I didn't have to use the extra flour to keep the dough from sticking to my hands. The dough hook took care of it all!

Now we just have to make garlic mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes (we have this totally decadent sweet potato recipe from a friend of mine that's just scrump-diddly-umptious), green bean casserole (with cream of mushroom soup and the little french-fried onions on top) and the turkey. My in-laws are bringing the stuffing, cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie and our friends are bringing cranberry-hazelnut salad, corn pudding and more pumpkin pie. Oh, yeah - I'm also making a chocolate cream pie. You can never have too much pie, says I!

Happy turkey day, everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home