Friday, September 15, 2006

Thank you, Brenda!

I went out on a limb and sent the lovely and amazing Brenda Dayne a copy of Karen's sock pattern, and it looks like it got mentioned in the new episode today! How exciting! I'm listening to the episode right now, so I don't know what she said, but there's a link in the show notes. Yay! I love her.

So, welcome, Cast-On listeners!

Okay, a mention on the Harlot's blog, and now a little plug on Cast-On. Am I rubbing virtual shoulders with the knitterati these days or what?

I also wanted to direct you to Laura's little write-up on the Diabetes sock project. She put it into such lovely words. Isn't the internet an amazing thing?

I've got some good yarn p*rn for you today, too. I've gotten two extremely generous offers for SAM2 prizes, and of course I can't help but order some yarn for myself at the same time (after all, if they're going to send me a package anyway, why not have them throw a little sumpin extra in there while they're at it? Yeah? Yeah?). First up, these little lovelies finally arrived from far-off Canada:



The two on the left are Swamp Water and Limeonaide and are all mine. The one on the right (Lush) is going to be a SAM2 prize. Big thanks to Michelle at The Sweet Sheep for these gorgeous skeins.

Next up, we have these, from the very talented Khris over at Chewy Spaghetti:



The fiery orange hank on the bottom, Blaze, will be another SAM2 prize for one of you lucky sockers. The middle one, Succulent, was one of my other choices for a SAM2 prize, but I had to have it for myself. The top hank is called The Spice of Life and is 50% merino, 50% silk laceweight. Yummy! So pretty.

I am just so psyched about all the handdying that is going on right now. So many lovely yarns out there. It is also very exciting that, as I'm branching out with my own pattern line, I can actually start designing using some of these yarns! It makes designing so much more enjoyable to not have deadlines hanging over your head, and to be able to use whatever yarn you want instead of whatever the editor decides needs to be shilled that month. After this crazy summer of deadlines, deadlines, deadlines, I've decided that I'm only going to submit to Interweave, Blue Moon and to any interesting book or other little projects that come along. As always, I reserve the right to change my mind, but for now, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

We had plans to go to the coast this weekend for a little early fall camping, but I am sick, sick, sick and don't feel like sleeping on the cold ground with a head that feels like a rotten tooth. I've found that I have this weird thing as I get older where when my sinuses get plugged up, my teeth ache. They feel like they're going to explode right out of my head. It's very odd. I think Bill is going to take the kids out to the beach tomorrow without me. I plan to sit on the couch, watch a bunch of movies with bad language in them that I don't want the kids hearing, and do a lot of knitting. I'm getting a good start on the 2nd Dublin Bay sock:



This is now my car knitting, and is going pretty quickly. Although I do get a bit nervous driving with those Knit Picks dpns on my lap - if I get hit head-on, those suckers could do some serious damage. Oh, the chances we knitter will take for the sake of our craft!

9 Comments:

Blogger Bitterknitter said...

Lovely goodies! Ilsa said "oooh pretty yarn!" as the photos loaded. (I think I'm raising at least one fiber lover!)

Feel better soon!

-Lisa

5:03 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Ooooh, beautiful goodies! Wish I could smell them.

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just wondering if you'd gotten your package yet! Glad to see that it arrived safely.

5:39 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Mmmmm nice yarn!! More motivation to get more socks knit! I also cast on the dublin bay socks, but frogged them because I didn't like the yarn I was using. Yours looks perfect!

8:47 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

thanks for the nice compliment about my post! i hope it got you some traffic! :)

that swamp water yarn may have an unattractive-sounding name, but it sure is gorgeous.

6:56 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Oh, sweetie, feel better soon. Sorry sinus ucks ruined your camping trip. Hurrah for getting mentioned on CAST ON!!!! Wow, I'm off ot listen to it now!!

6:59 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

beautiful yarn, and congrats on all the publicity! your teeth hurting b/c of your sinuses isn't all that unusual... it happens to me sometimes; from what I understand its because some of your sinuses are right on top of the nerve endings of your top teeth so when they get swollen they put pressure on your teeth. I've been having awful sinus problems for a year or two now, so I feel for you!

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feel better soon! I hope cuddling with lovely yarn helps your head feel better.

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful yarn - and congrats on your mentions :o))

(my teeth hurt when my sinuses hurt all the time)

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home