Saturday, September 09, 2006

The pattern is ready! The pattern is ready!

Karen's Sugar-Free Sock pattern is ready ahead of schedule! I sent out the pre-orders this morning (so if you were supposed to receive one and didn't, please e-mail me), and the rest of you can feel free to order away! You can use the Pay Pal button in the sidebar, which will take you to a secure payment screen. As soon as I get notification of your payment, I'll send you the pdf via e-mail within 24 hours. I've also updated the post below to reflect the pattern's new status as orderable vs. pre-orderable and put in a little new info about the pattern template (which was designed by a knitting celebrity - you'll have to re-read the post to find out who).

In all this excitement, I managed to finish my second sock, and here they are:



They were such a fast knit, and soooo comfortable. I'm thinking perhaps I should knit all my socks in cashmere from now on...yummy! Here's a side view of one foot:



In fact, they're keeping my toes toasty as I type! And now I am done bragging about my own pattern. My grandmother would be horrified at my complete and utter lack of modesty.

In other knitterly news, I got a little box in the mail yesterday - it's my Summer Sock Party package!



One Dublin Bay Sock, a ball of Fortissima Socka with which to knit the 2nd, two balls of gorgeous burgundy alpaca, Bliss in a Box (if anyone needs this right now, it's me) and a couple of at-home spa treatments along with a packet of info on how to hold your own in-home spa party! I love it all - thanks, Laura! You figured me out perfectly.

Yesterday Bill and I used a family guest pass to the Nike Employee Store (a friend of mine just started a job at Nike and very generously gave us the pass after hearing what a huge fan of Nike apparel Bill is). What happens when you get two shopaholics (one of whom is totally obsessed with athletic shoes and happens to need a lot since he's training for a marathon and wears them out very quickly) in a huge store filled with awesome stuff that's all 50% off? Nothing good, I tell you! I added three pairs of shoes to my collection as well as one pair for each of the kids (Bill only got two), along with a ton of clothes for all of us. My favorite purchase was a little Oregon sweatsuit for Owen, which I'll have to have him model once I get the tags off of it. Head-to-toe green and yellow! For those of you not living in Oregon, these are the colors of the U of O Ducks (where Bill Bowerman coached track, mentored Steve Prefontaine and started Nike). I certainly don't like everything about Nike, but the whole story of the U of O runners, Pre and the origins of the company are kind of magical. For anyone who's at all interested, I highly recommend the movie Prefontaine starring Jared Leto. We own it and watch it every few months just because it's so inspiring (and fun to see all the Eugene landscape footage).

Stay tuned for tomorrow's sock update! We've got some good ones, and I'll also be announcing the August prize winner who will get some great sock yarn generously donated by Sheri.

5 Comments:

Blogger Erica said...

Love the sock pattern, just ordered mine!

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks look great! I just ordered a copy. Thanks.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Jillio said...

HOW COOL! oops, sorry, the CAPS key was on.
btw, i finished a pair of socks...i think it was on september 5th....? yeah! got an S! woot!

8:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Just ordered my sock pattern. Dad's diabetic. I knit him socks because his feet swell badly and swell...
Anyway, am glad to help out!

9:49 PM  
Blogger soapy said...

The socks look great and great package!

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home