Thursday, August 24, 2006

We've got knitting, folks!

Yup! I have been a busy, busy girl. And I have to say, I'm loving these quick little projects. I feel so productive!

First, the post-felting photo of the clutch I made for my One Skein Secret Pal:



Love it! I have enough yarn to make at least one more, and I may have to do just that. It was so fast. In fact, it was so quick, I decided my OSSP needed another gift:



This is the baby hat from One Skein, but I used Blue Sky Cotton instead of Lush. I finished this up today (started it this morning), so it was another supersonic knit. With all this quick gift knitting success (forget the idea of knitting everyone socks for Christmas!), I decided to make something for my SP8 whose final package is going out as soon as I get around to putting it in a box and printing out postage...



Yes, it's a dishcloth, out of the latest Creative Knitting (sent to me by my One Skein Secret Pal). It's so nice knitting other people's patterns for a change. I need to take the time to do it more often. And you gotta love those dishcloths. Will dishcloths become the new socks? I think there's a very good chance.

In other knitting news, I'm happy to report that the Summer Sock Party sock has been located and is well on its way to having a heel. I might actually get that sucker in the mail by Sept. 5th! I am feeling so much better now that I've finished a bunch of the stuff that has been hanging over my head all month. I've just got one more pattern to write, and I'm all set for a little while. I might actually have to start submitting again! I thought I might want a little bit of a break, but I'm getting all twitchy at the thought of not having any big deadlines bearing down on me.

Thanks for all your great tomato suggestions - now I just have to find the time to implement a few of them!

7 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Dishcloths may be the new sock! Dishcloths are even quicker to whip up though.

6:26 AM  
Blogger Jillio said...

fun stuff! your bag is so fuzzy! hee hee, i love it! i love the colors you chose for the bag. and the checkers and stripes design. woot! you have one lucky OSSP.

must be nice to surpass deadlines. i'm a master procrastinator, so i'm totally familiar with deadlines breathing down my neck. as relieved as i am to finish stuff, i feel less driven. breaks are short-lived with me; i'm always up to something. getting myself into all kinds of trouble...hehe.

anyways, i'm wondering how many different uses you have for tomatoes. (btw, i say "toh-MAY-toh", not "toh-MAH-toh". who says "toh-MAH-toh", anyway?)

10:47 AM  
Blogger Acornbud said...

Wow, you are just whipping that stuff out! Impressive. Where does a knitting mom find the time:) Cool projects!

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I know exactly what you mean. Those quick little projects are so gratifying. It's the way I am when making little baby clothing. Very quick and painless, for the most part. :-) Love the projects you've done. And, dishcloths. One can never have enough. A great way to learn stitches!

11:07 AM  
Blogger Ragan said...

I agree on the dishcloth thing. They are fun and quick, and a great little square to "experiment" on.
I love the baby hat and your little felted bag is too cute!

1:03 PM  
Blogger Jamie C. said...

I love the bag! I have been eyeing that pattern since I got the book. I love the color-work you did on it!

6:40 PM  
Blogger nagice said...

Hi'..
my name is nagi.I am living in turkey.I have very little english knowledge.
Very beautifull.I liked very much.My, one, *Blog, there, .Come on you.You see different projects.Point of view,

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home