Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Fun at Lint

Last night was (sadly) my final sweater design class with the fabulous Leigh Radford at Lint. I of course had to take full advantage of my 10% student discount and get some more swatching yarn.


I have several projects in mind for these beauties (none of which you will see until they're published - wink wink!).

I also had to be a big dork and ask Leigh to sign my Alterknits. Isn't she sweet?


BTW - she is a thrower. Yeah, throwers! I signed up for another class with her - a short workshop on how to get published, which is in January.

Speaking of classes, the Yarn Garden has their new class list up and (drum roll here...) they have some classes for experienced knitters. Bill is probably going to kill me when he finds this out, but I signed up for all three of them. They are all on different types of ethnic knitting - Ethnic Textured Stitch Patterns, Pacific NW Indian Sweaters and Ethnic Color Stitch Patterns. They are going to be taught by Joan Schrouder, a designer from Eugene who also teaches at Stitches, among other things (so you know it's going to be good). Yippee!

And finally, some pics of the boy having fun on his changing table. So far he hasn't launched himself off, but it's bound to happen one of these days. Isn't he a little devil?



6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice haul - all very fondleable. :) It's so nifty that you were able to have Leigh sign your book, too!

3:41 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

Lovely yarn collection. I'm so jealous of your classes with St. Joan. I save almost all of her emails from the various lists because that woman knows things. Important knitterly things. I'm sure she must be a great teacher given her patience in offering detailed answers on the lists.

Owen looks like he's ready to fly!

5:13 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Not a dork at all - it's really cool that your book is signed!!! Can't wait to hear about the three new classes (I'm sure Bill will be proud!!).

7:49 PM  
Blogger Acornbud said...

Oh what a cutie the little boy is. That's quite a collection of "swatching" yarn. Can't wait to see what's next.

9:29 PM  
Blogger chris said...

I'm impressed that you managed to hold out till the last class to have Leigh sign your book. Being the stalking ultra-dork I am, I would've bombarded her the very first day (and probably sent her running to the hills!). Awesome yarn haul!! It's yarn p*rn 24-7 at your place, huh? ;-) And Owen is getting so big! And his hair is growing so long!! He's looking so much more like a little boy and less and less like a baby. You know he's going to launch himself one of these days. Like how I kept thinking how cute Stinky was, dancing at the edge of the bed looking like she was about to launch herself over....until she actually did, that is! Someone should really call CPS on us :-)

2:10 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Woo-hoo! Ms Radford is a thrower! I have to say, I get a little thrill every time another thrower "comes out." LOL!

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home