Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Can't blog - knitting...

I'm afraid I'm going to be a little bit quiet this month. I have the happy situation of having too much work-related knitting to do! I realized how quickly the end of December is going to be upon us, and the Knit Net sweater will need to be in the mail soon in order to beat the holiday mail rush. There are also several calls for submissions that need to be swatched for and written up. And of course the felted clogs need to be finished. I have one brown one and one pink one knitted up...that's not going to do anyone a whole lot of good, now, is it?

Plus the children seem to be in a never-ending cycle of illnesses. Owen came down with a fever again on Sunday night. Took him to the doctor yesterday, and his ear infection is all better but it looks like he's getting another cold. Aaaaaah! That's what I get for sending my daughter to preschool.

6 Comments:

Blogger Acornbud said...

It's painful to watch our little one develope their immune systems.
Have a productive blogging hiatus and get a lot of work done! Maybe you can find someone colorblind for your clogs if you can't knit another pair;)

8:26 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I'm so thrilled that you have lots of work-related knitting . . . we knew your design aspirations would take off!! I hope the kids are feeling better soon. Poor little Owen, it must be hard to see him feeling so bad. :(

11:31 AM  
Blogger chris said...

Oh no, Owen! Poor little guy. I hope he gets better soon. It's amazing how little ones manage to pass bugs around like they're going out of style. It's so hard to watch them go through illnesses. Sure hope he's on the mend soon. I know you've got a ton of knitting to do, but like Karen, I'm so thrilled for you because I know how much knitting and being a designer mean to you! I'm so happy that it's all coming together for you! We're all cheering you on...take care! :-)

12:46 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Preschools are the primordial soup of germdom. Illnesses strike this house endlessly as well.

4:27 PM  
Blogger Knittypants said...

Good luck on all your knitting work and I hope Owen feels better soon.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I'm so glad that you've got lots of design work to do. As much as I like tweaking stuff, after reading Girl From Auntie's article on calculating sleeve caps in this new knitty, I've decided that I just don't have a designer in me. Someone's gotta be a designer, so I vote for you!

I hope the kids are feeling better soon. Too bad that's the real purpose of preschool - breeding grounds for the next biological warfare...

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home