Thursday, December 08, 2005

Yup, I'm a follower...

I'm loving these Frappr map thingies, and finally broke down and got one for myself. Please add yourself to my little map!

Check out our Frappr!

Yes, this is becoming a very boring blog with no pictures and no interesting reading. Please bear with me, y'all! It's tough blogging and designing, because everything I'm knitting is top secret. It's kind of a bummer. Hopefully I will be able to start linking to my published works soon.

In the meantime, know I'm knitting my little fingers off for the Knit Net sweater, which will be debuting in February. Unfortunately, you won't be able to see it without a Knit Net subscription, which is $12/year. And it doesn't look like you can buy access to individual issues... Hopefully I will be published in a print mag soon, and you'll be able to just go buy the issue (or check it out at the library).

Just for you, Mom, here's a little udpate on the kiddos (sorry, no pics!). Owen is over his ear infection, but he's incredibly crabby so we're waiting for those top teeth to pop through. In the meantime, he's driving us absolutely crazy. Sydney was never that bothered by her teeth, so we got spoiled. I can't imagine what it's going to be like when Owen is working on his molars... Who needs sleep, anyway?

Sydney and I took a class at The Children's Gym last night. It's kind of an early gymnastics training center for kids under 6, and we had an absolute blast. Sydney jumped on the trampoline, walked the high balance beam a couple of times (I was very impressed with this, since she doesn't like heights - just like her mom), and swung from the rings and the uneven parallel bars. Bill is skeptical about this whole thing, since he's anti-gymnastics in general (he says that any sport where athletes train so hard they delay puberty is not a sport for our darling daughter). But the class before ours was the 4-6 year-olds, and they were not at all advanced. So I don't think he has anything to worry about (plus there's the added fact that Sydney is a little klutz and won't be winning any awards for her gracefulness anytime soon). It was a great class for her because she's in that stage where everything is all about the physicality - she's always running, jumping and throwing things. And it wore her out. She fell asleep in the car on the way home and slept all night! Yay!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the secret projects and designing. Hopefully you're having fun, though? No photos for a while does get dull, but think of all the bragging rights you'll have when the patterns are out there!

10:05 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Don't worry, your blog is never boring. It's exciting to hear about all the design work you've been commisioned for. Glad Owen is feeling better - except for the teeth - no fun. Sydney must have been so cute at gymnastics!! Adding myself to you map now!! :)

2:12 PM  
Blogger Jillio said...

i don't think i've ever thought your blog was boring. you post pictures waaaaay more often than i do and i always like hearing updates on your cute little kiddos :) it shall be noted that gymnastics is good for expending excess child energy...i'm thinking my nephew needs to go soon. he's already climbing all over things and standing up on rocking chairs. oy. he's not even 2 years old yet! he's got good balance, though.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Oh, I've been wanting to put James in a gymnastics class! I think he would love it and it would wear him out, since he seems tireless. Plus, since he's not in Pre-K due to the potty training issue, he's not getting much socialization. It sounds like it was fun.

Good luck getting published, I'll definitely buy your designs! Can't wait to see them.

4:11 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I'm looking forward to seeing everything you're working on, and I'm sure it will be worth the wait!

Sam and John do a gymnastics class like that, and while they are learning foundation skills for the apparatus and stuff, it's hardly like serious gymnastics. They absolutely adore it, and it's great now that the weather is bad and they can't play outside.

5:12 PM  
Blogger chris said...

Your blog is never boring! Looking forward to seeing your published (!!) stuff soon. You know, they say that boys get more fussy after vaccinations and during teething than girls, and at least with my two, I found that to be true. Bossy was always the one to run high fevers and have bad teething episodes. I guess it's because we girls are inherently tougher and can endure way more, heehee! :-) Bossy started taking gymnastics a couple of months ago and he loves it! And like you and Laura said, it's hardly serious gymnastics. I think if nothing else, it gives them a really good kinesthetic awareness and foundation for agility and stuff. Plus it's fun and they NAP afterward!! Need I say more? ;-)

2:58 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

I'm sure it'll all be worth the wait! This Christmas knitting stuff is starting to feel like a job, I tell you. Want to make something just for myself. Is the Knit Net the first thing to be published? What about the MagKnits thing?

2:36 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

Oh, I can't wait to see your designs. I subscribed to KnitNet when they offered the free issue this fall. Lots of great designs.

Glad Owen's ear infection is gone. Hopefully his teething will get better soon. That gymnastics class sounds like fun! (Why can't they have stuff like that for adults?) Seems like that might help with klutzy-ness, training little muscles to move that way you want them to, etc. Of course I was on the junior high gymnastics team and am still quite a klutz.

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home