Monday, December 19, 2005

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Starting yesterday afternoon and lasting through most of the evening, we got snow. This is about a once-a-year occurrence here, and everything pretty much comes to a screeching halt. Sydney's school is closed today, which is kind of sad because winter break starts on Thursday. Oh, well. It will be fun to go outside and play in the snow before it all melts! Unfortunately, it's already getting pretty wet and slushy.

Here is poor Bill dealing with a frozen car this morning:


And now that I've got my camera back, I'm getting a little picture happy. Here is our tree (which has now been cleared of ornaments to a height of about 3-1/2 feet):


And the stockings, hung by the fireplace (poor Owen doesn't have his yet, since I've been waaaaay too busy knitting to do any cross-stitch).

Oh, wait, maybe I should knit a stocking for Owen? But then it wouldn't match, which might not be that big of a deal since Sydney's stocking is black and technically doesn't match either... Good thing I have a whole 'nother year to figure it out.

Finally, the pics you've all been waiting for with held breath...the felted clogs!




I am now absolutely dying to make my own pair, but I have too much other knitting that I feel like I should be doing. Like my sweater class sweater (the last class is tonight, and I'm nowhere near being done - I'm not even to the sleeves yet!), and more swatches... They're so quick, though, that I might just try to whip them up over the holiday. They sure would be nice to have in MN.

Stay warm, everyone!

5 Comments:

Blogger Knittypants said...

Haha, I can relate to your tree. Naked from 3 feet down. Your clogs look great, I can see why you'd want to make your own pair. And I think why not knit a Christmas stocking for Owen, you would enjoy knitting it and then it would be done and you wouldn't feel guilty.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

Great clogs! The more I see 'em, the more I want 'em. Oh, the cross stitch. I probably have 3-4 unstitched Christmas stocking kits around here somewhere. I can only handle one obsession at a time.

1:36 PM  
Blogger chris said...

Your clogs look so fantastic!! I especially love the way the pink ones turned out with the fur trim. I think I may need to make a pair for myself after Christmas...super cute!! And I totally relate to your devoid of ornaments up to 3 1/2 feet tree. Got one of those myself! ;-) The snow looks awesome- such perfect timing for Christmas. I bet the kids are having a blast in it! And poor Owen, with no stocking, just like Stinky last year! I swore up and down when I was pregnant that my second one wouldn't get the short end of the stick....oh well!! She'll probably swear the same thing when she has kids, and I'll just laugh and laugh at her. :-) Take care!

12:49 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

The clogs are cute! I have no concept though of school getting cancelled for such a dusting of snow- we had school cancelled one day last week- because it snowed 7" overnight. I must admit I'm jealous!

5:32 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

The clogs look great and very snuggly.

Stay warm, it looks very cold where you are.

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home