Four Truths & a Lie
Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner! Congrats, Karen, for being the first to guess #4.
1. My college roommate is the daughter of a critically acclaimed novelist.
True - my freshman year roomate was the daughter of Maria Flook, author of a few relatively obscure but well-received literary novels.
2. I won a beauty pageant in high school despite the fact that I'm not at all the beauty queen type.
True - I was my town's "Miss", even though I was the total dark horse of the pageant. I had a huge advantage because I played a piano piece for my talent and two of the judges were piano teachers...
3. Both of my children were born via c-section - no natural births for me!
True! Sydney was born via c-section after 26 hours of labor, 8 of which were at 8 cm. My doctor told me I could keep going as long as I wanted, but she didn't think she was going to come out the old fashioned way. I opted for a scheduled c-sec w/ Owen to avoid going through unscheduled post-labor c-sec hell a second time.
4. I was awarded the Outstanding Senior Student prize in Social Studies after my boyfriend and I pulled a tipsy social studies teacher out of the ditch one night.
False! This happened to my best friend - not to me!
5. I can put my foot behind my head.
True - I have extremely flexible hips and can do this and the lotus w/ no problem along w/ lots of other yoga poses that give other people lots of trouble. It's funny because I'm not really very flexible anywhere else...
All right, Karen! You're up next!