Monday, October 17, 2005

Four Truths & a Lie

I finally won! Here are my four truths and a lie. If you're wondering what the heck I'm talking about, click here for the game details.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner! Congrats, Karen, for being the first to guess #4.

1. My college roommate is the daughter of a critically acclaimed novelist.
True - my freshman year roomate was the daughter of Maria Flook, author of a few relatively obscure but well-received literary novels.

2. I won a beauty pageant in high school despite the fact that I'm not at all the beauty queen type.
True - I was my town's "Miss", even though I was the total dark horse of the pageant. I had a huge advantage because I played a piano piece for my talent and two of the judges were piano teachers...

3. Both of my children were born via c-section - no natural births for me!
True! Sydney was born via c-section after 26 hours of labor, 8 of which were at 8 cm. My doctor told me I could keep going as long as I wanted, but she didn't think she was going to come out the old fashioned way. I opted for a scheduled c-sec w/ Owen to avoid going through unscheduled post-labor c-sec hell a second time.

4. I was awarded the Outstanding Senior Student prize in Social Studies after my boyfriend and I pulled a tipsy social studies teacher out of the ditch one night.
False! This happened to my best friend - not to me!

5. I can put my foot behind my head.
True - I have extremely flexible hips and can do this and the lotus w/ no problem along w/ lots of other yoga poses that give other people lots of trouble. It's funny because I'm not really very flexible anywhere else...

All right, Karen! You're up next!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm guessing the lie is about the c-sections!

2:57 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Oh, those are tough. I'm going to guess the lie was 4. I believe you won the award, but I don't believe you won because you rescued the drunk teacher!!

5:38 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I guess #5.

11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm guessing #4.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Jillio said...

well, i didn't BUY the vesper. i was just looking at it. it kills me to have to wait until the next dye lot when i'm off the yarn-buying restriction to buy it. gaaaaahhh!!!!
oh, and i'll guess the lie is #1.

10:29 AM  
Blogger mandy said...

i'm going to guess #2

11:33 AM  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

I'm going to take a stab at it and guess #5 - because that's really hard to do!

1:46 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Woo hoo!!! I won, I won!! Guess I know you pretty well - which is cool since were are my first ever blog pal. :) However, had I know how hard it was to come up with four truths and a lie . . . I might not have tried so hard. (Just kidding, this is fun!!)

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home