Friday, October 14, 2005

Photo fun with the little guy

Last night we just couldn't keep our camera off of the wee one. It all started when he rolled over in some spit-up and ended up with a "There's Something About Mary" hairstyle:


Then, for some reason, Bill decided to see what it would be like to be pregnant with a six-month-old baby.


A good time was had by all...


Later, when I was trying to check my e-mail to see if a playdate I was trying to set up with a friend's sick kids was going to happen (her kids are sick, my kids are sick, so we figured we'd skip our regular playgroup and all be miserable together), Owen had his way with a ball of GGH Samoa.


Both of the kids sure love yarn (which is good), but I'm not always thrilled with the end results (i.e. yarn barf, which is bad). I'll be happy when they're old enough to knit and I can put them to work on some Red Heart.

I put aside my second straight-laced sock for a little while yesterday to try to get started on my Masters swatches. This is how far I got before I decided that the Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool that they recommended in last month's Cast-On magazine was just not going to work - all of my stitches look super wonky and I'm very afraid of how critical the judges are going to be.


We are meeting at the Yarn Garden on Monday night for our knitting group, so I'm going to pick up some Cascade 220 and see how that works. It's amazing how much better your knitting looks with nice yarn... I may also order some Knit Picks Wool of the Andes since it's only $1.79/skein (can't beat that price).

If anyone wants a couple huge skeins of Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool, e-mail me and I'd be happy to RAK it to you. It's too scratchy for my taste, and I can't felt it, so it needs to find a good home. Anyone? Anyone?

And for those of you who are impressed by how expensive my new phone is, don't be! We got a deal at Car Toys - two phones for $99 each w/ a 2-year service agreement. Believe me, I would NOT pay the $299 retail for that sucker! That's a LOT of yarn that could be bought instead!

3 Comments:

Blogger chris said...

Yes, $299 would buy a lot of yarn...not that you're buying any yarn till next year though, right? ;-) Like the Cascade 220? I'm just messing with you. :) Owen's so cute!! Love the hairstyle- and inspired by one of my favorite movies, no less. Gotta love it!

6:02 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Man that Owen is a serious cutie! And does he look like his dad or what? Great pics! What a nice mommy you are -- I have to say I tend to start hyperventilating when the boys touch my yarn. I am allergic to yarn barf. :)

8:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You can dye the Fisherman's wool if you still have it. That's what I would do. Fun with Kool-aid. You might end up with some colorful children too. ;)

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home