Thursday, October 13, 2005

More New Yarn!

For someone who says she's on a yarn diet, I sure do manage to get my hands on a lot of new yarn! This little treasure arrived for me in the mail yesterday:


That's a cute little ball of Debbie Bliss Merino Chunky who has managed to escape from its bag. And look - it has many, many friends!


Yes, folks, that's three (count 'em) bags of Merino Chunky that I got on garage sale for $3/ball at WEBS. Now that's a good deal! I'm going to swatch for Josephine one of these days, but if they don't work for that, they certainly won't go to waste!

I also got a couple balls of Cascade Sassy Stripes for some funky socks:


And, to top off my day of blantant consumerism, my husband brought me home a new cell phone last night.


It's a Motorola RAZR, the latest in gadgety gadgets on which my husband had to lay his hands. He got one for himself, too, but in black. This is the third set of matching cell phones that we've had. I didn't really need something this high-tech, but who was I to break the pattern? It has a zoom camera in it, so I might try to see if it will take better close-ups of stitch patterns than my regular camera. This head of mine? Not just a hat rack...

Check out how thin this sucker is:


It's kind of masculine (definitely a gadget guy's phone), but I think I'll like it fine. Most of all, I'll like finally having a Portland phone number! It got old having people call long-distance to get ahold of us on our cells. Now I have to go through the torture of calling Sprint and canceling our other phones. I'd rather pull my own fingernails out with a pair of pliers. Maybe I'll make my hubby do it as penance for buying us such expensive new phones. Between my yarn and his gadgets, I'm quite certain we're teetering on the brink of bankruptcy.

8 Comments:

Blogger Chrissy said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I love the pumpkin socks, they're really cute. Congratulations on the new yarn. I have a ton arriving from ebay in the next week, and I'll be sure to post lots of pics :). Ya know, the more I look at that pumpkin sock the more I think I have to get some.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Jillio said...

oh my. that's...a lot of yarn.
and that phone is quite expensive! wow.

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH MY LORDY. I have that exact same yarn from WEBS on its way to me. Small world!! Ummm, not sure I should be encouraging mutual yarn gluttony, but you should see the prices on some of the Jo Sharp line. Craaazzzeeeeeee good.

7:48 PM  
Blogger weaselrina said...

Beautiful beautiful yarn!!!!

And I love the RAzr.. nothing masculine about it, its a sleek, beautiful wonder :) Enjoy it!

10:21 PM  
Blogger Mamma said...

Woo-hoo what a fancy phone. New yarn and a phone, I'm drooling and green with jealousy. I want to make josephine but I fear neither she nor the razor are in the budget.

6:16 AM  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Oh my gosh I have the same phone - also because my DH loves gagets! I ended up knitting a coozie for it because I wanted to keep it as shiny as possible. We went from having no cell phones to having expensive ones so I'm very worried I'll lose it or drop it or something.

9:45 AM  
Blogger chris said...

Okay, you are the most gluttonous yarn dieter I know. :) Love the color on the DB and those Cascade socks are going to be so fun! That is one fancy phone! I think I PROBABLY get used to something like that, too. :)

10:01 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

You have been so bad while I was gone!!! All that new yarn, after starting your yarn diet. Hhhmmm. It sure is fun to look at though - and such a good price on the DB yarn it was practically free!!!!

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home