Tuesday, October 11, 2005

I was a baaaad, baaaad girl

Today as I was driving home after dropping Sydney off at preschool, I made a choice. I could've turned right and gone home, but I went straight to the LYS. After all, I needed some yarn for presents, right? It wasn't yarn for me...so it doesn't count towards my yarn resolution, right? Um...okay...sure. Here is some of what I got (the rest is top secret):


Can you say, "Chrissy loves Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock"? If I could, I'd fill a big vat with this yarn and take a swim in it. Mmm.

Owen is really crabby and not wanting me to blog, so I'll leave you with a couple of pictures of Straight Laced progress. Also, I started the beginning knit designers webring - go check it out (links are under Webrings on my sidebar), and if you're a designer newbie or wannabe, join up!

And check out my new sock blockers. Now I don't have to worry about posing socks on my fat, hairy legs!


And some stitch detail:


Sorry about the blur - my stupid camera hates taking close-ups. I just got it, but maybe it's time for an upgrade? What do you think, honey - Christmas is coming!

4 Comments:

Blogger chris said...

Sooo beautiful, but sooooo baaaaad!!!! It's been what, 3 days since you declared yarn abstinence??! Like I'm going to harass you when I'm living through you. :) Those sock blockers are way cool! I don't have quite the modesty I probably should about subjecting people to my hairy leg shots. Definitely going to look into some sock blockers! BTW, that's so awesome that you're taking a class with Leigh Radford!! Can't wait to hear what you learn!!

11:57 AM  
Blogger Jillio said...

jeez, if you could see me now, i bet you would have to look twice to make sure my eyes are brown instead of green!
blahhhhh....*sigh*
oh well. i can finally get started on my socks now that charlotte II's finished. i was thinking maybe i could make use of that camera phone i have on my cell, but eh....
now i want to go to my LYS and buy some sock yarn...like that Trekking i saw...but no...i cannot. should not. must not. better not. noooooooooooooooooo! i should stop drooling over your lorna's laces. it's just about killing me. the blue ones are absolutely keeeeeelinnnnng meeeeeeee!!!! must...be...strong...

12:23 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I immediately started thinking of Fiona Apple (I've been a bad baaad girl)and you slinking towards me with handfuls of Lorna's Laces. Such a vamp you are...

The sweater design class sounds like lots of fun. I could definitely use one since I've changed my mind about 20 times since I started swatching for Un-Blaze. Now you're making me wonder if they do something like that in my area...

2:09 PM  
Blogger shetha said...

Want. Some. Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock!!! I have been pining for some of this since last week and even when I shop for other yarns I can't buy any cuz I need the shepherd sock first. It's just not healthy. Where'd you score yours? Mabels? YG? Knit/Purl??

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home