Sunday, October 16, 2005

The Pumpkin Patch

Yesterday our playgroup went to Old McDonald's Farm for their annual pumpkin pick. I knew the morning was going to be great when we pulled up and this is the first thing we saw:


This couple had a neat little booth with cute handknit sweaters, hats and a bunch of felted stuff. I picked up a bunch of these felted handmade soaps:


You wet the whole thing and the suds come right through the felt while the felt acts as a scrubby/washcloth thing. Too cool!

Sydney got to pet something wooly...


...and ride her first pony...


...and climb around in the haymow...


...and Owen took his first hayride.


We tried to get the kids together for a nice photo op in the pumpkin patch, but getting toddlers to pose nicely for a picture is like herding cats.


I managed to corral my little pumpkins long enough to take this relatively decent shot (apart from the fact that Owen looks like he's about to take a dive off my lap):


All in all, it was a great morning. Then, to end the day, we went to my friend A's housewarming party (she's the one who knitted Womb). They have a great family room in the basement where they've set up a projector that can play movies (or PS2) on the blank wall. It's a pretty sweet setup, and they had a yet-unreleased version of Dance Dance Revolution playing. I didn't try it because I was holding a sleeping baby (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it), but it looked like a lot of fun. Sydney really enjoyed it, especially running in front of the projector and then pointing at her shadow on the wall, yelling "Look at big Sydney!"

My big accomplishment for the day was....dun dun duh dunnnn...


Yes, the straight-laced socks are done! They need a little blocking and the sole is slightly too long, but I'm hoping they'll tighten up a little bit with washing. Again, the yarn is Knit Picks Essential in Pumpkin. Love it!


They're so snuggly and the lace creates a really interesting ventilation effect on the tops of the feet when walking around in them. I really liked this pattern and would highly recommend it (I'd also recommend working one sock at a time if you're retarded about 2 socks on 2 circs like I am).

9 Comments:

Blogger chris said...

The socks look FANTASTIC!! The color goes so perfect with the whole pumpkin patch theme of the day. Looks like you guys had lots of fun at the farm- it looks a little chilly, too! We have an annual pumpkin patch thing here in Hawaii, but the 90 degree weather kind of blows the autumn ambiance feel. :) You use a sling!!! Sister Stinky pretty much lived in my sling-ezee from birth till 2 months ago. LOVE it- what a lifesaver!! Thanks for all the great pics- Sydney and Owen are SO precious!

12:13 PM  
Blogger soapy said...

How do you get all those young kids in a posed picture??? ekkks! the farms looks great and the traditional spinning wheel is neat I spin too, make soap and felt bars too but not as fancy... Neat, you can also felt rocks then remove the rock and have a fun little bag for the kids too..
Great pattern on your socks! and very festive too! I haven't tried the essential do you like it? I'd love to know how they hold up wear, wash, etc.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Wilma Fingerdu said...

first off THANKS for my RAK!

secondly that soap is sooo cute

and C. DDR RAWKS, I doubt holding a sleeping baby would have stopped me from playing it LOL

6:19 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Your socks are gorgeous!!! The color is so great for the fall and I love the lacy pattern. The Pumpkin Patch trip looked like a blast too. :)

6:42 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Oh I remember the good old days of going to a pumpkin patch and choosing your pumpkin. I will always remember the day I brought home the biggest pumpkin ever, I swear it was as big as my torsoe. Can you imagine a little fourth grader hauling this thing around? man I was proud. Good job on the socks, they look devine!

12:19 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Gorgeous pumpkin socks! Also, I just noticed your Lactivist button. LOVE IT! I nursed Sam until he was 2 and 3 months, and John until he was 2 and a half. So I'm with you, sister!

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chrissy, you are the winner for 4TnaL :)

Kitty

1:26 PM  
Blogger roxy =^o^= said...

Woooo eee - hey KM
What awesome socks! Never mind about your ability to do 2socks/2circs --- Your current method is working just dandy! I am sock-impaired so I'll just have to admire yours *wink*

Have to give you props for the whole layout & pics of your website, sweety... looks great and I love the use of bright colors (and kids LOL) What is your inspiration, your favorite color palettes?
(lemme guess... you drive a red car and youe wear pink jammies LOL)

Keep up the great work!
TTYS

Anne/roxy
http://meowycakes34.blogspot.com

7:46 AM  
Anonymous used laptops for sale in hyderabad said...


Great info. I love all the posts, I really enjoyed,
nice post and site, good work!
I would like more information about this, because it is very nice.
used laptops for sale in hyderabad

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home