Monday, October 10, 2005

Another loophole?

Okay, I'm on, what, my third day of no new yarn? And I'm already searching for more outs. I was thinking of all of the gifts I want to make before the end of the year, and I don't think I have enough yarn for all of them! Not to mention I have a couple more packages to send to my secret pal AND I signed up for the Knitty holiday SP round... I also have four RAKs (random acts of kindness = little packages of goodies sent to people as a surprise) that I want to get sent out, and so far I have non-yarn goodies for them but no yarn! So, I may have to cave.

Just to further justify my fall from grace...

* I know two people who are having babies in November, for whom I must knit Better Than Booties Baby Socks for.
* I want to make socks for my daughter's preschool teacher and classroom aide for Christmas
* I don't have any yarn for either of these projects

In other random news, my husband is running the Portland marathon with a few of his friends next year. For some crazy reason, running a marathon has always been one of my life goals. He told me about a training method that a couple of co-workers used to run the NYC marathon a couple years ago, where you run for five minutes and walk for one for the entire marathon. My first thought? I can do that! So, Bill may have talked me into running with them next year. He says that he is a bit skeptical, since the time required to train would seriously eat into my knitting time, not to mention the blogging! If only I could knit and run... I'm intrigued, if for no other reason than it would be a good excuse for me to lose the baby weight from both pregnancies, for once and for all! Plus it would keep me from losing my mind and wanting to get pregnant again next summer...

A final thought - would anybody be interested in joining a webring for beginning designers? If you are, please leave a comment and if I get some interest, I'll set one up. I think it would be a great way to find blogs of other folks who are in the same boat as I am - wanting to publish designs but not sure how to go about it. We can all learn from each other!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home