Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Better Than Booties Baby Socks

Yay! Another FO! I have had one of these socks done for a couple of months now, but couldn't bring myself to do the other one until now. Thank you, Socktoberfest! The sad thing is it only took a few hours to whip it up (they're really fast, especially once you've got the pattern pretty much memorized). I also made one of the Itty Bitty Bears that shares the page with the socks (these are all from IK Summer '05). It's super fast and really cute. Sydney loves it. Without further ado...


Both the socks and the bear are knit in Koigu merino. Not necessarily the best choice for baby socks since it's hand wash only, but Owen's socks don't get very dirty anyway since he's not walking yet.

Last night our knitting group met at the Yarn Garden. They were supposed to have special chocolates to sample in the Sipperie as well as a sock-knitter's get-together. Well, no chocolates (although they did have killer peppermint hot cocoa that we all went nuts for), and no other sock knitters - we had the place pretty much to ourselves. I started on Conwy for my Knitting On The Road Along. I'm making it in Lorna's Lace Shepherd Sock (surprise, surprise) in the Black Purl colorway. Here is a progress pic - the colors are gorgeous, and lookee! I'm knitting it on my new Addis!


That's not a shadow on the right side - that is the yarn color. I'll be interested to see how it looks as I continue to knit it up.

Owen had his six-month checkup yesterday. He's gained two pounds and is 17 on the dot. I can't remember what his height ended up being - I'll have to get back to you on that one. He also had to have three shots, poor little buggy! Of course that meant he was crabby and feverish all night last night. He's slept quite a bit today, but very fitfully so it hasn't really been a break for me (since I've had to run upstairs to check on him every five minutes). He's doing better this afternoon, but Bill is going to take Sydney to music class and I'm keeping him home, just in case. It's too bad, because he really loves the class - he's becoming a big music fan, just like his sister!

4 Comments:

Blogger chris said...

Those baby socks are ADORABLE!! Koigu merino, eh? That baby is going to be spoiled after wearing those! No more Carter's after that! Peppermint hot cocoa sounds to die for right about now. I'm in serious chocolate mode (read: serious PMS). So envious of the new Addis, too! Hope Owen feels better soon. Shots are hard on the little ones. And the moms, too. I think I cried more than Bossy during his first round of shots. :-)

10:36 PM  
Blogger Jillio said...

wow, that's so cool! the better than booties look great and the bear is soooo teeny!
mmm...peppermint hot cocoa...*drool* there's a williams sonoma in the mall that comes out with peppermint hot chocolate every year and they have samples throughout the holiday season. you can bet i "browse" the store and drink the equivalent of a starbucks grande coffee of peppermint hot cocoa before i leave!
gosh, isn't knitting socks on addis so awesome!?! the socks literally fly! the black purl colorway is sooo pretty. can't wait to see the way the colors manifest themselves in the pattern!
this is a long comment with a lot of exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha

12:13 AM  
Blogger Nyxxie said...

Hey there pal I have not forgotten about you I promise I have just had life in the way. I am getting your 1st and 2nd package together and it will be in the mail sometime soon. I will let you know when. So sorry I have been a bad pal this round!

~SP6~

9:01 AM  
Blogger Nyxxie said...

Hey there pal I have not forgotten about you I promise I have just had life in the way. I am getting your 1st and 2nd package together and it will be in the mail sometime soon. I will let you know when. So sorry I have been a bad pal this round!

~SP6~

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home