Monday, September 12, 2005

I luv Target

No knitting today, since I'm still working on my top-secret, soon-to-be-submitted-to-Knitty item. I will say that it's turning out great. Oh, and I swatched up my Knit Picks Shine for Hopeful, and it's lovely. I'm going to order the rest of it today.

Yesterday we took a trip to Target. When my husband and I go to Target together, it's always a dangerous thing. We can't seem to get out of there without spending at least a hundred (and usually several hundred) bucks. We don't go there too often! This time they had a gazillion fun things, including these slippers which my husband bought (and actually managed to fit his huge feet into):


Since we love all things Simpsons, these were a total find. Sydney loves to wear them, too (which is hilarious since they're almost as long as her arm). I had to laugh when I saw this picture and saw the little yarn worm on the carpet by his left foot. He asked me nicely just the other day if perhaps there was a better thing to do with my little leftover pieces of yarn than stuff them in the corners of the sofa where Sydney can dig them out and distribute them all over the house...

We also got Sydney her halloween costume. She got to try it on last night for Grammy, Grampy, Aunt Katie & Uncle Chris, who all came over for dinner. She was so delighted she could hardly stand it.


For those of you who don't have toddlers in the house, this is Blue from Blue's Clues, her second-favorite TV show. The only thing better than being Blue for Halloween would be if she could've been Maisy. She also had to show off her new boots:


We got her a couple other cute little pairs of shoes to wear to preschool, which starts next week! I can hardly believe it - my little baby, going off to school. I think it will be really good for her. She needs more stimulation than she gets around here, fighting with her brother and watching television all day. Now I need to figure out how to get Owen to sleep in until it's time to go pick her up, and I'll have quiet mornings all to myself! Somehow I don't think that's likely, but hey, a girl can dream, right?

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Oh I just love the Homer slippers. Does the DH feel weird about stuffing his feet into someone else's mouth? BTW, I didn't realize that we were so close in proximity in the Knitty webring. Huh!

I'm so glad you're going to be doing Hopeful!!! I just ordered some Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool for it (actually, mroe than twice that which I'd need, he he, secret yarn stashing in the form of bargain shopping so STB-DH won't be upset), so we could start on it together! Well, assuming that I ever finish the two Christmas presents I'm working on. How 'bout this, I promise to start working on it within a couple of days of when you do. I know I'll eat your knitting dust, but it'll still be fun!

2:15 PM  
Blogger Jillio said...

ohhh...TARGET, how i miss you so! we don't have target here. we have walmart, kmart, savers...everything but. i could live in target. that store was my most favorite store when i was up there for school. though i think if i had come into knitting sooner, it probably wouldn't have been so high on the list. i miss fred meyer, even.
the homer simpson slippers are HILARIOUS! and the little blue is so cute :) i can't wait for halloween! my nephew is going to be old enough to take trick-or-treating! of course, he won't be the one eating the candy. hehe.
have you ever heard of magic ball? or something like that. i first read about it on craftster.org, i think. it's where you connect all your little yarny bits and wind it into a ball. eventually, when the ball is big enough, you knit something out of it. i'm starting one, but it's not very large yet.

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home