SP 6 questionnaire answers
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
Yes, I would say I'm a yarn snob, although I don't mind acrylics THAT much - I can use them to make machine-washable stuff for my kids.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I crochet occasionally.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
We are a smoke-free household, but anything else is fine.
4. How long have you been knitting?
Since birth? No, seriously, probably about 20 years.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I have a short Amazon wishlist, which I will be adding to...(and I have no issues whatsoever w/ second-hand books or whatever).
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Vanilla, green tea, cinnamon - anything spicy!
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Oh, yeah! Especially milk chocolate (don't like the dark stuff, though).
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Counted cross-stitch, and gardening (when I can find the time).
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Pretty much anything but country.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I pretty much like 'em all. My favorite is probably dark purple.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married w/ two kiddos - 5 month-old son and 2-1/2 year-old daughter. No pets (apart from the kids).
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
I want to knit for a living!!!
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I really like GGH soft kid mohair. But really, anything of decent quality will do. I'm not a huge novelty yarn fan but I will use them occasionally as a carry-along.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I don't really love working with cheap acrylic.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Socks! And little kid sweaters.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Anything with an interesting pattern (aran, fair isle, lace). I like to work on things that exercise the ol' brain a little bit.
17. What are you knitting right now?
A cardigan for my daughter that I designed myself (and it's turning out great - yay!), a sweater-in-the-round designed by Jenna Adorno and a secret gift project for my hubby.
18. What do you think about ponchos?
I don't think of myself as a poncho person. I just bought the yarn for the Mini Poncho in the winter IK, but it's rare that I see a poncho that I like.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
I use them both.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
21. Are you a sock knitter?
22. How did you learn to knit?
Learned the basics from my grandmother, taught myself the rest.
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
A couple of months, if you can believe it...
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Anyone from The Simpsons.
25. What is your favorite holiday?
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Simpsons chotchkes, frogs.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Creative Knitting, Interweave Knits
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Knit One, Felt Two
29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another??
The Fiber Trends felted clogs pattern, ChicKnits Ribby Cardi