Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Doh!


Last night, as Bill was backing my beloved van out of the driveway, he had a momentary brain fart and forgot that he'd parked his car behind it. I was in the dining room and heard a crack, and then some loud cursing. Fortunately the damage was minimal - just enough to break in the van's formerly-pristine bumper. The really sad thing is that there is a rear-view camera on the van. It doesn't help if you don't look out the rear-view mirror OR at the navigation screen when you're backing up... I bet he won't do that again for awhile, and he's going to be so pleased to see that I've chronicled it here for everyone to see.

The NE Knitting Mommies met again last night, and Womb came along for a visit. Here she is, hanging out with Sydney's monkey:


Isn't she cute?

I did a few more inches on the mini poncho. I would've gotten a lot more done, but after knitting several inches I noticed a row waaaay back that just didn't look right. I don't know what happened, but I frogged back and knit it over. I had to argue with myself for several minutes before I did it, but I knew it would irritate me so much if I left it that way. I'm not going to post another picture, since it looks exactly the same as it did last time (only longer).

3 Comments:

Blogger chris said...

Love those dextrous fallopian tubes! A uterus and a monkey were probably two things you never thought would go together well, but oddly enough, they really do. :) Sorry to hear about the van. It's a wife's duty and privilege to be able to document those kinds of DH blunders for all to see. ;)

8:55 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Ouch, that first dent and/or scratch always hurts the most. :( Can't wait to see the mini-poncho, good for you for choosing perfectionism over laziness (they do constant battle inside me - I picture them like the good angel and bad devil on our shoulders). LOL

4:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every womb should have a monkey!

2:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home