Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Something old, something new...

Even though it probably seems like my life is all about socks right now (and that wouldn't be too far from the truth), this spring has actually been pretty focused on lace. I'm just getting ready to release the new batch of June designs at TNNA next week, and most of them are lace. I had a bunch of single skeins that I couldn't resist any longer, so they somehow turned into lace scarves. And a stole. Oh, and I managed to knit a sweater in there somewhere. Don't worry...I had lots of help.

My first helper spent her spring reknitting two of my existing lace designs in new yarns. One of them was in a yarn that's not widely available enough, and the other was in a yarn that just didn't show the pattern off. I'm happy to say that they've both returned and are making me extremely happy.

Here's the new photograph of Kiwassa, knit in Schaefer Andrea:



But the REAL winner was this, the new Path of Flowers reknit in Mountain Colors Winter Lace, which Grumperina called one of her favorite lace projects ever. High praise, for sure!







Compare these to the original:



Quel difference, no? Of course, it helps that it's modeled by Bill's very photogenic cousin who was here for a visit over Memorial Day weekend. As much as I love that fuzzy orange Kidsilk Haze, it was just a bad original choice for the project. I started that orange sample three years ago, so I must admit that I've learned a lot since then...

And now, onto the new stuff. We've got a wrap:



We've got a buffalo-down scarf:



We've got a silk-and-cashmere cabled lace scarf:



We've got a fuzzy green mohair monster (I mean, sweater!):



And my personal favorite, fun-factor-wise, is an asymmetric granny square scarf!



Bill likes it, too...



And now I'd better get myself back to work. I need to send galleys of the book off to a bunch of reviewers and continue to get prepped for TNNA. I was woken up at 6 am this morning by poor Owen, who has a terrible cough (blasted springtime colds - it's June for goodness sakes!), after staying up until nearly midnight reading Breaking Dawn (which I finally got from the library after being in the hold queue for two months). When I get back from Columbus, I am going to sleep for a week straight!

2 Comments:

Blogger grumperina said...

All these projects, old and new, look fabulous! Path of Flowers is a total winner :)

1:30 PM  
Blogger pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

Beautiful projects! And I saw an uncorrected proof copy of your book at Twisted today. It's beautiful. And the pictures are soooo clear!

Note to self: must get over toe-up aversion, so I can try some of these...

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home