Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Freaking out!

So I had a major meltdown this evening. I'm dealing with this giant pattern order, and of course I ran out of ink in the middle. Then, I've got the book to contend with, including the not-so-small problem of paying for printing. To top it all off, Sock Summit registration opened this morning (and pretty much sold out within the first hour). This is good, since I was totally worried that nobody would sign up for my classes (and that fear was totally unfounded - my classes sold out along with everyone else's). But it also means I have to get my butt in gear and get my class materials together.

If this knitting-related madness wasn't enough, I have to teach a recycling class to 30 preschoolers tomorrow morning, something for which I am completely unprepared. What am I doing to get ready? Downing a bottle of wine and listening to the Mighty Mighty Bosstones at much too high of a volume.

I have a bunch of garden pictures to blog, but they're stuck inside my camera. We worked almost all weekend on the front yard, and it's looking pretty darn good. The biggest issue is space - I've still got sage, basil, cucumbers and a couple of errant zucchini plants to fit in. We gave the neighbors some sugar pumpkin starts that had sprouted in our asparagus patch from the pumpkin I tossed off the front porch last fall. Aren't volunteer veggies the best?

In the all-consuming world that is book prep, I managed to spent this evening putting together the book website (go there and click on the cover thumbnail, and you can see some of the gorgeous pattern pics that will be in the book). I think it turned out okay - the best thing is that I did a final round of edits on the book today, and it's looking DARN good, if I do say so myself. Every bit of feedback that I've gotten has been over-the-top positive, so I'm slowly admitting to myself that it might actually be a winner. Yay!

Now I've got to stop typing because I know that too much wine and too-loose fingers are not the best combo. Time to go to bed and mentally prep for those 30 preschoolers, expecting to learn something about recycling... I'm going to take a handful of stuff from the worm bin and dazzle them with the squirmy wormies. Preschoolers are pretty easily amused, right? Wish me luck!

5 Comments:

Blogger AnaMarie said...

Easily amused, but just as easily distracted. Good luck tomorrow!

12:17 AM  
Blogger pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

I like your prep for the recycling class: a bottle of wine and the Bosstones! Have a great time!

Sock Summit is going to be great!

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Kathy said...

I hope this isn't an annoying place to ask this question, but I'm signed up for your Textured Colorwork class at SS09.

The question is: is this going to be a toe-up sock or top down? If so, should we go ahead and have either the toe section or the ribbing done as homework? Just wondering. (And if it's toe up, I've got to bone up on that...I'm a top down sort of girl.)

Thanks!

8:00 PM  
Blogger knittinmom said...

Hi, Kathy! Not annoying at all - I just hope you get this. I hate Blogger commenting!

For the class, it's more of a theory class than an actual project class (since nobody I know can knit a sock in 3 hrs). I'll be showing you how to incorporate the texture into any sock as well as design your own, so you'll be able to pick your direction and needles-of-preference, do some swatching in class and then take off from there! See you in Aug!

4:55 PM  
Anonymous Kathy said...

Thanks! That's just what I needed to know. See you in August!

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home