Monday, May 04, 2009

Yes, I'm still alive!

But just barely...and only through super-human effort. Does anyone else feel like April was only two weeks long? I can't believe how quickly this spring has gone. And yet, when I look back on all I've gotten done, I can't believe it wasn't longer. It's amazing what you can get done when the cable's turned off and you're actually applying yourself. I often wondered, back when I was a corporate slave and doing the bare minimum, what I could accomplish if I actually worked to my best ability (I estimated I probably did about 4 hours of actual full-on work per day, apart from the weeks where things were really cooking, and still managed to get glowing performance reviews which made me wonder what everyone else was doing!). Now that I'm working for myself, I'm discovering that it's quite a lot! I've discovered that I am one of those people who should not work for others if I want to realize my full potential...

Of course, now that I've blogged this, I'll never get another job in corporate America because my potential employers will be able to Google this and find out what a slacker I really am. On the other hand, I was able to perform beyond expectations in just 4 hours a day! I'm not planning on rejoining the wage slave racket anytime soon, so I guess it's a moot point. I'd rather sell the cars, plant more vegetables in our already overrun yard and homeschool the kids than go back to the office!

But I digress. I'm sure you're much more interested in pattern/book progress, which is chugging right along. Gail and I did the final (hopefully!) photo shoot for the book yesterday. I've spent countless hours tinkering with the formatting and have it in nearly-final shape to be sent off for a final proof. Review copies will go out soon. It will go up on Amazon for preorders in the next month or so. I'm starting to plan a few workshops - I'll be visiting Yarn Harbor in Duluth, MN for a toe-up workshop and book signing the last weekend of August, and I'll be doing a heel workshop and book signing sometime in early September at Knot Another Hat in Hood River. Everyone WILL be knitting toe-up socks by the time I've fully implemented my plan for toe-up world domination! (evil laugh here)

But seriously, things are going very well but are ridiculously busy. If you're at the Portland TKGA show next weekend, stop by our booth (61, right next to the knitting comic books). And forgive me if I'm totally glazed over - I find myself unable to complete a sentence on a regular basis these days. I won't be half surprised when smoke comes pouring out of my ears and the old brain just refuses to go any further. Whew!

2 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Again..you are such a busy lady and I applaud you for it...Let us know when the book goes on Amazon..I have never done toe up..can't figure it out....

2:19 AM  
Anonymous janel said...

Congrats Chrissy,

You're going to make your goal! I am so happy for you! And proud of you!

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home