Monday, April 13, 2009

Contest winner, birthdays, Easter and eagles!

I know I was supposed to draw our Fiber Gathering winner on Friday, but I know it would've been too shocking if I wasn't a few days late. Our winner is...GreetingArts! Congrats! I already know where to find you, so I'll be getting your book in the mail to you shortly. Yay!

I had good reason for my distraction this week, though. I've been getting patterns ready for June TNNA (one of my tech editors e-mailed me and mentioned that she hadn't been expecting any patterns for June since, you know, I'm publishing a book this summer and all... I answered that, as a result of sheer stupidity, I've decided I can do it all), throwing a 4th birthday party for Owen, reading New Moon (the 2nd book in the Twilight series) and playing plenty of Rock Band with Bill. Such a hard life I lead!

Owen's class did a neat thing to celebrate his birthday last week - he brought in photos from each year of his life and the kids used them to make a birthday poster for him. It was so much fun going through all the pics - here are the ones I chose.

From 2005:


From 2006:


From 2007:


From 2008:


And from 2009:


What a kid! I can't believe he's 4 already. It seems like just yesterday we were bringing him home from the hospital.

Owen's party on Saturday involved lots of treats, but nothing compared to Easter. We tried to tone it down a bit (Bill's family LOVES to do up Easter in a big way), but the kids were still hovering about 2" off the floor most of the day due to the huge amount of chocolate that was consumed. I didn't get any pictures yesterday, so I thought I'd post this photo that I dug up of the fateful day that the postman delivered the misdirected box of 40 chickies to our house:



Here's what our girls looked like at around that same time:



Aren't they cute?

And now it's time for me to get back to the pattern formatting grind (I will NOT start the next Twilight book... Oh, who am I kidding - my creativity needs a break sometimes, right?). I'll leave you with this video that I just put up on YouTube of the most amazing eagle sighting. When my mom, the kids and I were up on San Juan Island for the first book formatting session we happened upon this huge group of eagles flying around right next to the road. There must've been about 15-20 adults and 10 juveniles. We stopped and watched them for about half an hour, much to the kids' dismay, and mom shot this video from her digital camera. It's not great, but it'll give a hint of the coolness that we witnessed. It was crazy!

2 Comments:

Blogger greetingarts said...

Whoo hoo! I won! Thanks a bunch, and many many happy birthday wishes to your cutie. My baby turns 4 on Saturday, I'm gearing up for the Hello Kitty birthday party. Wish me luck, I think I'm gonna need it!

Thanks again!

8:54 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

I was just telling someone that chick story the other day! :)
And, wow, those eagles are amazing! What a weird thing to see . . . wonder what the heck they were doing?

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home