Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Oh, the humanity!

Never mind the fact that a group that I'm involved in has managed to whip up some butt-kicking drama, we're nearly floating away here in the Pacific NW! It's finally stopped raining, but for awhile there, I was starting to wonder if it ever would. There are numerous roads shut down, an entire town stranded and we're completely cut off from Seattle! Normally I wouldn't much care about the Seattle thing, but Bill and I were planning to spend the weekend up there, alone! He was driving up for a conference tomorrow and I was going to take the train up on Friday. Well...the only way to get to Seattle right now is by air since the freeway is completely shut down and the train tracks are washed out. It's quite strange to have someplace so close be so completely inaccessible. The freeway is supposed to open Thursday night, and we'll see about the train tracks. Our romantic weekend may need to be rescheduled.

My December deadline knitting is going relatively well (apart from the distraction created by the Christmas toy knitting). I've got two and two-thirds socks done well before their ultimate deadline (the only thing stressing me out about them is the fact that I might not have enough yarn to finish them and the yarn co doesn't have any more of that dyelot to send...). One sweater to go. And a bunch of pattern formatting. But I don't even want to think about that yet. Can't talk, knitting...

5 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Hope your weekend works out-- I know how rare and special some time away from the kidlets can be! Speaking of deadlines, I've got 3 sweaters to finish and some patterns to edit, guess I'd better get busy myself! :)

6:14 AM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

A romantic weekend away from kids? Is chartering a helicopter completely out of the question?

8:01 AM  
Blogger Connie said...

Good luck Chrissy meeting your deadlines. I'm working a bit under the gun myself. How you manage to do it with 2 kids is beyond me and very inspiring! :)

8:59 AM  
Blogger Ragan Knits etc... said...

Yikes...hope that you stay safe and that things clear up a bit by then.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hope it all works out. It so so hard to get away from the short people.

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home