Thursday, November 08, 2007

And now for some knitting...

First of all, thank you for all of your wonderful, supportive comments on yesterday's post. I did finally manage to stop bawling (don't quite know what happened there) and spent the afternoon figuring out what I was going to do to keep from driving myself crazy on those stupid forums. Don't get me wrong, I love Ravelry and I've had some great discussions on the forums and met some great people, but I just can't seem to keep myself from getting caught up in the drama. I'm noticing today that when I go onto the forums, I'm looking for the threads that I know are going to arouse some debate. I heard a thing on NPR awhile ago that was talking about how listening to partisan political talk radio stimulates the same brain function as drug abuse, and I could totally relate. Anyway, this was probably a good excuse for me to stop checking in on Ravelry every five minutes and actually get some work done!

The January TNNA show ticks ever closer. I made a list of things I need to get done before the show today. It was frightening. A few of the items:

- order a company name & logo banner to display in the booth
- figure out which new sweater I'm going to put in the fashion show
- order printed materials to hand out in the booth
- format all the new patterns in InDesign and get them to my tech editors
- photograph all the new designs
- finish knitting display samples
- get a couple more small designs ready for test knitting

I'm also trying to find the time to submit design ideas for Classic Elite's Fall/Winter '08 pattern books along with another Interweave book that just put out a call for submissions. I'm preparing myself for the Fall '08 Interweave Knits call for submissions. I have to be ready to knit & write up any submissions that Knitscene accepts, just in case they liked any of my ideas. I need to knit & write up the pattern that I'm designing for one of Donna Druchunas' upcoming books. And I want to get my book proposals polished up and resubmitted. Listing it all out here, it sounds completely insane. Fortunately I've always been pretty good at juggling things and managing to get stuff done by its absolute deadline. I've also become pretty darn fast at knitting this stuff up when I put my mind to it.

Here are a couple of sneak peeks at what I'm working on now in preparation for TNNA. The first two pictures are samples I'm almost finished with, one in Kidsilk Haze and the other in Lorna's Laces Lion & Lamb.





This last picture is of a skein that has been taunting me ever since I found it. Even though I really don't have time to, I'm going to whip up something quick out of this puppy (and its mate). I just can't resist.



This is Terra, from The Fibre Co, which can be found at Close Knit (and is yet more proof that if I were to own a yarn store, I would stock it exactly the way Sally has stocked this one). The way this yarn is dyed makes it look almost iridescent. I know I really don't have time for yet another project, but....oooh, shiny!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I've been active on enough forums to have developed a mild paranoia about drama threads - I veer away from them almost without thinking about it. Maybe it's because I get enough debate in with my Dad and politics! I do hope you'll stay active on the forums at Ravelry, though, I've really enjoyed your posts on the threads that I haven't been afraid of.

That Terra yarn looks delightful!

11:28 PM  
Blogger Connie said...

Glad you're feeling better, Chrissy. It's appalling how unpleasant people can get when protected behind internet anonymity.

Your schedule does sound insane! But it's good to be busy. What IK book are you submitting to? I'm guessing it's another -Blank- Style book?

Terra is great yarn. My former LYS stocks it and it's seriously beautiful, but so expensive in sweater quantities!

6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home