Friday, September 21, 2007

Is it Friday already?

Where the heck does the week go? Sometimes it seems as if I just blogged, and then Bill will mention that I haven't written anything in nearly a week. Wha? If I'm not careful nobody will be left reading this thing except Bill and my mom (hi, Mom!). Then I'll really be in trouble since neither of them knits and poor Bill hears enough about knitting from me already. Guess I'll have to post more pictures of the kids...



Notice Sydney's little friend? Those two are attached at the hip these days. Sydney can't wait to get home from school so she can let the chickens out and spend hours picking them each up and holding them (she spends the most time with Ruttager - the one pictured on her lap - because she's the most amenable to being manhandled). She likes to pretend Ruttager is her baby and will rock her, sing to her, coo in her ear...it's quite sweet. Have I already mentioned that chickens are the best pets EVER? This was my dinner last night before knitting guild:



Yummy! We're still waiting for the third girl to start laying, but the other two are giving us one egg each almost every day. We're going to have to start eating eggs more often! It's hard to make the transition from thinking that each egg is a precious treasure that needs to be saved for a special occasion, but it needs to be done since we're getting nearly a dozen a week now.

This afternoon Bill's meeting me down in Canby to help set up for OFFF. If you're there, come buy some yarn so I can get it out of my office!!! I'll have stuff from Lavender Sheep, Chewy Spaghetti, Zen Yarn Garden, Nature's Palette and a few precious skeins of Mama-E's Ceyeber Fiber. Begone, sock yarn! I am looking forward to a fun and hopefully busy weekend. Donna and Amanda will be there (Amanda's bringing the baby on Sunday morning) to help out, so be sure to stop by and say hello.

Finally, I've managed to get myself entangled in more fiber-related work. I'm going to be working part-time at a lovely shop in downtown Portland called Dublin Bay. I just keep burying myself deeper and deeper, don't I? I'm really hoping I don't spend my entire salary on their gorgeous selection of Handmaiden and Fleece Artist when I'm taking this job to help offset the cost of Sydney's preschool.

Speaking of which, it's time to get ready for school! Hope to see some of you this weekend!

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I really enjoyed Dublin Bay when we visited Portland in August. Good luck resisting the yarn!

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love that picture of Sydney with the chicken!

11:57 AM  
Blogger LavenderSheep said...

I'll be at OFFF on Sunday! I'll see you there.

8:47 AM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

It almost sounds like you're plugging the baby to get folks to the booth! Heh. I'm sure the boy will be flattetred. :)
*If you have any of your GYW yarn left, save me a skein!

12:40 PM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

People always look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them chickens make great pets, but ours was as friendly and personable as a dog, and (unlike my dogs) gave me a delicious egg every morning. All I ever get from the dogs is sh*t!

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home