Thursday, September 06, 2007

waiting, oh so patiently...

I've got 233 people in front of me in the Ravelry queue. Previously, I'd check my place in line every once in awhile since there were thousands and thousands of folks in front of me. Now that it's getting down to the wire, I check obsessively to see when the count goes down (meaning more invites have been sent, and I'm getting closer to MINE). Although I need another time sucker like I need a hole in the head, I am very curious to see what all the hype is about. And I'm quite curious to see what people are saying about my designs - according to Katrina, they're all over the place in there. I have no idea what that means since I haven't the slightest idea how Ravelry works, but I am VERY patiently awaiting my invitation...

I realized that I forgot to tell y'all about my coffee date with Donna Druchunas, of Arctic Lace fame! She was in town to teach some workshops (which I unfortunately wasn't able to attend) and, since I'm working on a design for an upcoming book of hers, we met up at Powell's to talk shop. It was very fun, but the best thing of all is she gave me a proof copy of her upcoming book Ethnic Knitting! I was very excited when she handed it to me, thinking that she was just giving me a sneak peek. I almost fell over when she told me it was mine! It is going to be another fabulous book with knitting styles from the Netherlands, Norway, Denmark and the Andes. Very cool. Like Arctic Lace, this is another great book to have in your library of technique books since it goes beyond just patterns and includes lots of great stuff about the history of the knitting itself.

And now, I've got some swatching to do. I've got the first two summer sweaters to be released at the TNNA show in January finished - how many more do you think I (and my test knitter posse) can crank out before then? Wanna test knit for me? If you're a reliable sort, drop me an e-mail! I'd love to have you!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Connie said...

Ravelry is quite addictive, Chrissy. I think you're going to love it. It automatically shows you, in one place, who is making your design and their photos (and blog posts if any) of it.

You're so lucky to have met Donna. She seems really nice via email and is always so generous with her advice. I'm looking forward to seeing her new book too :)

12:34 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

I finally got in. Interesting to click around but I really haven't had much time to really play with it. If only I could hit the lotto and quit working .....

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home