Sunday, September 02, 2007

Poor blog!

How I've neglected you so. You've become like one of my children - given enough attention between knitting projects to keep you breathing, but not much more than that! For those of you who were wondering about my movie quote, Katrina did indeed come through for me with the correct guess of Coal Miner's Daughter. Sissy Spacek won both a Golden Globe and an Oscar for her role in that fabulous movie, and (as Bill likes to remind me every. single. time. we watch it) she sang all of her own songs. If you've never seen it, get thee to the video store, now.

In knitting news, I've recently bit the bullet and upgraded to a [rather expensive] wholesale TNNA membership. I've also applied for a half-booth at the January trade show. It is terrifying and exciting at the same time, and I'm so curious to see what will come of it. I've talked my friend (and lone sales rep) Donna into coming to Long Beach to help me out, so if nothing else we will have loads of fun! In preparation for my sole focus on my wholesale business, I've taken down the option to download patterns from my shop. The sock kits will still be available as long as they last, but once they're gone, I'll be wholesale-to-shops only! Yay! For those of you without shops, I will still have some online outlets. Both Knot Another Hat and Sandra Singh will have downloadable versions of all of my patterns available for you impatient and/or shopless types.

And...I've got another sock pattern published for y'all - this one is in the newest Mag Knits and is made from the SWTC Tofutsies. I knit this pair on our trip to Tokyo and named it Kaibashira after the Japanese name for scallops. You can find the pattern here.



I had great fun with this pattern, so I hope you like it, too! And now I'm off to knit (I've finished the sweater-from-hades and sent it off to Interweave - now I'm busy knitting stuff to display at TNNA in Jan). I'll leave you with some bison pictures from Yellowstone, better late than never.







And, so as not to discriminate, some elk:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the pattern. I noticed it in MagKnits last night and promptly added it to my queue in Ravelry.

Good luck with TNNA. I imagine that was a scary step to take!

9:44 AM  
Blogger greetingarts said...

Oh, awesome sock pattern, Chrissy! And I'm so glad you don't discriminate against elks...

12:10 PM  
Blogger lexa said...

Love the new sock pattern! I think I'll need a pair of those...

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the socks! The very best in January. Big step, but a good one it sounds like. Love the socks!!

Leslie

8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the new pattern! Think I need to add it to my queue.

3:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home