Monday, December 18, 2006

Your daily dose of randomness...

I've been thinking of all the things I need to blog about over the past few days, but I haven't had time to sit down and do it (rather, the boy hasn't allowed me to sit down and do it). Right now my only distraction is a cat desperately trying to lick the entire surface area of both of my hands... She is a total nut.

Of course, now that I actually have time to sit down and blog, I can't remember any of it. It doesn't help that I'm in a total food coma. We just had our knitting mommies group holiday party, which included dinner at Papa Haydn. I had some incredible scallops with black truffle risotto (it was even better than it sounds) and this Mayan chocolate cake that was just out of this world. I can die happy having tasted it - it was that good. It didn't do much for my diet, but whatever. It's the holidays, darn it!

On Saturday, Chris and I took our girls to see a production of The Nutcracker put on by a dance school in Vancouver called Columbia Dance. It's a very kid-friendly performance and it was so much fun watching Sydney & Annabel experience a real-live ballet for the very first time. It was a little bit long for them, but we were sitting in the very front row and the girls danced along with the music in the space between the seats and the stage for most of the second half. I'm sure they were annoying someone, but I thought they were pretty darn cute.

The production was great - the students danced beautifully, the costumes were fantastic, and they even had a couple professionals in the cast to give everyone a little thrill. It brought back all the memories of when I was a kid and wanted to be a ballerina. I just love those pointe shoes! I know they're torture to wear, but they are gorgeous! On the drive home, Chris and I were plotting about how to get the girls into the school so they can be in next year's production. I mean, isn't that one of the reasons why you have kids - so you can live vicariously through them when your own dreams don't pan out?

Stupidly, I didn't bring the camera, so I'll instead post this random picture of me with Owen (who's looking adorable as usual), just so this post isn't totally boring and photo-less...



Okay, now for some sad news. SAMer Tonia's great-grandmother passed away last week. Go over and give her some love - it's always hard to lose a loved one, especially so close to the holidays. And closer to home, the body of one of the missing climbers on Mt. Hood was found yesterday. I am so sad for his family, and for the families of the two men who are still missing. Between this and the snowing-in of the Kim family, it's a rough time to be vacationing in Oregon right now. Here's to everyone staying safe and warm over the holidays!

Finally, I've drawn the name for the November sock prize. Congratulations to Bettina! Send me your address to claim your prize. And to Sonya, who is still waiting patiently, I will get your October prize to you one of these days. I am absolutely pathetic.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sonya said...

You are so NOT pathetic! I think your outing to the ballet sounds wonderful. Quite magical for a little girl.

2:40 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Ahhhh - the ballet! Many moons ago I was one of those kids on stage. It really is wonderful. I'm so glad that y'all enjoyed it!
And I've finished two pairs of socks this month! Woot!

4:22 AM  
Blogger Casey said...

I love the Nutcracker but haven't been able to go in quite a few years. I'm glad you enjoyed it! Maybe next year . . .

I LOVE your Autumn in Oregon sock! Gorgeous!!

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home