Tuesday, December 05, 2006

I'm a loser, baby!

...but I'd really rather you didn't kill me...

I have come to the conclusion that I just can't keep up anymore. I haven't been on Bloglines in weeks, except to check on Katrina since the loss of her brother. I obviously haven't been doing the sock updates justice. I've been avoiding the blog because I figure if I'm blogging, I should be doing sock updates. And each time that I look in the sock update folder of my e-mail, I stare at the screen in a bit of a stupor for a few minutes and then decide I'll just "do it later". I've officially been flummoxed by socks.

In order to make life livable again, I'm going to change SAM2 a little bit. I've created a Flickr group for you to put your socks up in so that everyone can admire them without sending me over the edge. I'll keep your letters updated in my sidebar, so you should still e-mail updates to me, and I'll definitely be doing the drawings. I just can't handle the huge update process anymore! Owen is in this phase where he'll only let me work on the computer when I'm in the office with the door closed, which greatly cuts down on my computer time during the day (I'm only able to post this now because my sister-in-law is babysitting so I can get some work done). Plus he's down to a single nap which he generally takes in the car while we're picking Sydney up from school. And I've got a gazillion submission deadlines to meet along with all the usual holiday craziness. I know, don't you all just feel horribly sorry for me?

Anyway, I'm hoping to get back to regular blogging now that I've got the SAM2 monkey somewhat off my back. I almost made it - if two of the last three months weren't holidays (and also the busiest months as far as magazine submissions go), I might've been able to do it!

In other news, sock kits are here!!! I got a huge bag of yarn in the mail from Mama-E and the pattern is being finalized as soon as I'm done with this post. I've got two different colorways which are both incredible - Autumn Harvest and Indian Corn. Indian Corn is a little lighter in color and subtler, but they're both awesome.

The pattern will also be available for sale individually, and I suppose there's no time like the present to unveil it:





This is Autumn in Oregon, inspired by the falling leaves and rain we're innundated with this time of year. The sample sock is knit in the Autumn Harvest colorway (the middle picture is almost spot-on as far as colors go). Gorgeous, isn't it? I've only got 12 kits in each colorway, so get yours before they're gone!

I've also got yarn coming in very soon from Chewy Spaghetti and Lavender Sheep's Fiber Garden (two of our fellow SAM2-ers), and Mama-E dyed up a fabulous Gardiner Yarn Works colorway that I can't wait to get my hands on. You can sign up for my newsletter when you create an account on the website and be the first to know when new sock kits are up for grabs.

Okay, shameless plug over - time to get back to work!

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the stress! Hopefully you'll feel better soon. :-) The socks are beautiful! And I'm working on a Christmas themed package for you so expect a little holiday cheer in the next couple of weeks.

1:50 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:52 PM  
Blogger jillian said...

I think making these changes and setting boundaries is very healthy! I'm glad to see you making positive changes that will reduce stress for yourself. I've never been able to imagine who you do all you do already. And besides - knitting should be fun!

2:57 PM  
Blogger Liz K. said...

Good for you for coming up with a clever and satifactory way to keep a huge KAL going while maintaining the need for balance in your life.

Love the new socks.

3:07 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

Good for you, Chrissy! The flickr group will work beautifully. I always wonder how you do everything you do.

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I joined Flickr and uploaded my picture, but I can't figure out how to add it to the SAM2 Flickr goup. I now have my own Flickr account where the picture is, but how do you add it to SAM2??
I just don't see it.

5:37 PM  
Blogger Bettina said...

Hey, this is great! I think it is a perfect way for all of us to see the lovely socks we knit and to save you a lot of work!!! You are not a loser, you are a problem solver!!

In regards to anonymous, to add pics to the group, please follow these instructions:

Log in, then choose groups in the flickr menu bar at the top. Search for SAM2. Once it is listed, click on it to open. Then click on "join this group". Reconfirm this on the next page.

Once you have this, then go back to the photo(s) you want to upload. Click the individual photo and once it has loaded, click on the tiny menu bar item "send to group" it will then give you a box listing all the groups you are a member of. Click on "SAM2" and confirm.

There you go. Hope that wasn't too convoluted.

Can't wait to look at all the socks!!!

3:07 AM  
Blogger Bettina said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:25 AM  
Blogger Erica said...

I love the new socks!!!

3:49 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Good for you for getting that monkey off your back! You don't need stress - especially this time of year. A Flickr group can be a fun, easy way to keep up with SAM2.

5:12 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Gorgeous sock pattern, Chrissy!

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like being able to just see all the pictures. It's fun seeing the updates, and everyone's blogs, but that gets long to read, too. I love the new pattern!

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you found a way to make it easier on yourself. I actually got a little tired of sock updates and I think this is a much better way to do it. :)

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home