Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Baby steps...

So, I didn't get the sock update done yesterday. Part of the problem is I start thinking about it and get completely overwhelmed, and then I put it off. The funny thing is, it isn't even that difficult (especially since Stariel did this week's update for me) - I'm just a horrible procrastinator. So I'm going to take this a little chunk at a time. Here is the sock update. I haven't updated your letters yet, so give me a couple days (I'll let you know when I do it). These are all the updates received through mid-day on Saturday. My mom is coming into town tonight, so I'll have some babysitting assistance which should allow me to get stuff done for a change!

In other news, I was on the news again today. Did you all hear about the mom who got kicked off of a Delta flight for breastfeeding? Well, today there was a nationwide nurse-in at Delta ticket counters across the country, and we were out at PDX in full force. The national AP was there, so even if you don't live in Portland, keep an eye out for the story. Rock on, nursing moms!

Here are your socks - thank you for being so patient with me, and thank you Stariel for doing this week's update!

Margot knit three pairs of socks for the men in her life! Wow!



Teri has two pairs for November.

Linda finished one for Socktoberfest.

Melanie has a pair of RPMs

Pat finished a pair of Traveler’s Stockings from Knitting On the Road while she was traveling!



Kris finished some brownie point baby socks.

Emily finished her first November socks.

Khris finished some in Socks That Fit handdyed cotton yarn.

Bettina finished some Conwy socks, also from Knitting On the Road.



Aija finised some beautiful Fuzzy Feet.

Stariel (Hey, that’s me!) knit SSS socks from the Six Socks Knitalong.

Kelly finished a pair too!

Silja made Juicy Business socks.

Christy has quite the collection of stockings for November!

Karen knit socks for her sister.

And Lexa made Fuzzy feet too!

Thanks for the socks, guys! I've also finally done the October drawing. Our winner is Sonya! Congrats! I will be digging into my stash and hopefully get you something before Christmas...

6 Comments:

Blogger msubulldog said...

A friend of mine sent me that Delta article a few days ago and I was horrified (and glad I'm flying Continental this Christmas). Yay for you and the others at the nurse-in! I can't wait to see the coverage.
p.s. I told Brian they would have had to get the air marshal himself to drag me off the plane for that reason!

5:05 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

I saw the story about the airport protest today and the first thing I thought was "I wonder if Chrissy was there!" Congratulations on your awareness raising. I cannot believe the broo-haha boobs can cause in this society.

And woot for me on the drawing! This SAM has been very, very good to me.

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great socks- but Emily's blog needs a warning about that gross picture- EW!

6:29 AM  
Blogger Ragan said...

Boo-hoo...She forgot me...I finished my November socks.

I saw that on the news about the nursing sit-in and thought about you. With all the things going on in the world, why do some people still complain about seeing someone nurse in public! Geez. The milk is there for a reason.

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so bummed I didn't know about the nurse-in! If another one happens, let me know!

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw you on the news the day this article ran. I have to say I was horrified when I heard the story. Congrats on the coverage, it was great!

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home