Sunday, December 10, 2006

5k, baby!

I ran a 5k this morning, and I managed to run the whole entire way - 3.1 miles! I was soooo proud of myself. The last 5k that I tried to run, three years ago, was not a good time and I ended up walking most of the way (although the free admission to Magic Mountain that went along with the race made it all worthwhile). Today, I was on fire! Okay, not exactly on fire, but I was totally the tortoise of tortoise-and-hare fame. Slow and steady, baby! I finished in 43 minutes (which was just two minutes faster than Bill's time in the 10k, but hey - he's got longer legs than I do). Portland Marathon, here I come!

Thanks for all the words of wisdom about the website and stuff. I think mainly I just need to be patient - something I'm not particularly good at. I always expect things to happen right away, which isn't all that realistic. I just need to think back on how hard it was to get my first patterns accepted for publication (and that it took a good six months from my first design to my first acceptance), and now I have more work than I can handle! I'm sure more diversity of patterns would also help, so I'm going to keep on truckin'. I really appreciate all your words of encouragement, though - it really helps!

Okay, time to go eat some turkey - my in-laws cooked one up for dinner tonight. Yum!

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

5k? Wow, you amaze me! I'm still just powerlifting preschoolers ;-)!

5:21 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

Congratulations, Chrissy! I've gotten out of the habit of walking every day, but I do remember how exhilarating a really fast, strong walk was. Running a 5K is awesome!

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go, girl! That is really something to be proud of. Good - no, great - for you!

6:32 PM  
Blogger lexa said...

Congrats on the run! I'd never be able to do it. I don't mind walking, but I've no stamina for jogging/running.

Keep your chin up about your patterns! I will be posting lots of progress picks and finished picks of mine when I get to finally knit them after the holidays. I can't wait -- I know they're going to be some of my favorite socks. It's going to be hard to resist starting the Sugar Free socks once I get that Cashmerino in the mail!

7:34 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Great job on finishing the race! Wow!

8:46 PM  
Blogger Ruby Banshee said...

Did you do the Red Nosed Rundeer?
I did that one today too!

3:38 AM  
Blogger AmyDe said...

Wow - that's GREAT! If you ever see me running - shoot whatever is chasing me.

I'm beginning to walk everyday though - it's about as fast as I'll go for a while.

7:32 AM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Congratulations! :) How was the weather?
I can't wait to get back to running after the kiddo arrives this spring. :)

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go girl! Congrats on reaching your goal.
your SP

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow I'm proud of you! 5k is a lot!! Way to go. I'm glad we could all encourage you about the website. It will be fun too look back a year from now and see how far you've come! Enjoy the turkey. (I was watching TV today and they were showing a re-run about thanksgiving and I was thinking how good turkey sounded. Enjoy!)

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Congrats on the 5k!!

4:49 AM  
Blogger Bianca said...

Wow! I couldn't do that in my condition 5 k running is indeed awesome. :-)

4:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home