Sunday, November 19, 2006

Pure insanity.

I know you've heard this all before, but it seems like I'm insanely busy lately. And of course I keep taking on more projects. Right now, I'm spending hours trying to code a new shopping cart for my website. I want it to look like the rest of my site, so it's taking some work to get everything tweaked just right. It's kind of a pain but in a way I'm really enjoying getting back to my computer programming roots.

I'm also going design crazy. I just finished socks for the Spring '07 issue of Cast-On, and I've been swatching for Classic Elite's Fall '07 pattern line (they were nice enough to send me a big box of yarn, so I figure the least I can do is swatch up some stuff for them). I've also got a couple other magazine submission deadlines I want to try to swatch for, I got a bunch of gorgeous Hip Knits yarn in the mail for some designs I'm doing for them, and I've got that big box of Bam Boo waiting to be turned into a maternity sweater. Whew!

I don't know if you remember me complaining a couple weeks back about two of my designs getting bumped (one was the Interweave sock pattern, which is hopefully going to be in the Spring issue instead)... The other day I got a box in the mail from the publisher of the Knitting For Babies book, which was the one I thought I'd been bumped from with no explanation/notification/etc. Well, it turns out there are two versions of the book - a little magazine-like leaflet, which is the one I wasn't in, and a nice spiral-bound hardcover book which my pattern is most definitely in. Yay! It even got a little thumbnail pic in the table of contents. If you happen to see it (it's got a baby in a cute little blue cabled hoodie on the front), my pattern is the Felted Block Set.

And Yvonne pointed out that the Spring Knitscene preview is up, and look who's in it (scroll down to #5 - Rutabaga)! Yay! This was a really fun project to design and knit.

Stariel took care of this week's sock update, but the pizza is here so you're going to have to wait a bit longer. Tomorrow at the latest, I promise!

7 Comments:

Blogger jillian said...

Hooray! So you actually didn't get bumped, and you have people clamoring for more designs!

Rutabaga is cool! Congrats on getting in Knitscene. I have to say, I really like this edition. After the first one, I haven't liked them at all!

7:14 AM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Oh, hooray for still being in the (bigger, better) book! :) Good luck with all the projects in the works, too. *whew*

8:31 AM  
Blogger Ragan said...

Yay! What exciting news! That is great! I hope that you are able to get everything accomplished!!! Wow!
Ok, I get to sneak in a sock update...I finally finished some socks for November. Phew.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Congrats on getting the pattern accepted to the better book, and for the Rutabaga!

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're making it harder and harder to purchase things for !!!
And for some reason I suddenly need a sock on the needle at ALL TIMES. :O)
your SP9 pal

4:42 PM  
Blogger Acornbud said...

How exciting for you. The Rutabaga is great and looks very useful. Those needles must be flying, too!

9:05 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

I had been wondering about the sock design for the winter IK... I remembered that it was this issue but didn't see you, so I was worried that I had gone completely insane. But congrats on all of the new work you're doing... the rutabaga bag looks way cool!

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home