Friday, December 15, 2006

Ho, ho, ho

I got a great box in the mail yesterday from my Coffee Swap pal Shelby:



It was all I could do to rip these things from my children's hands long enough to photograph them. She also sent some gorgeous little blue beaded stitch markers that didn't make the picture, so here they are all on their own!



Since I was in picture-taking mode, I photographed the remnants of my Sockret Pal gift (as in, these are the things that are not currently in active use by me or the children and I could still locate them within a reasonable amount of time):



This makes the package look much smaller than it actually was. One of the hits of the box was a pack of construction paper and markers that she threw in for the kids. Sydney has had such great fun making cute little art projects like this one:



(Lest you think she's overly advanced for a 3-year-old, she did have help from her aunt Katie with that one.)

There was also a great little notebook that I was planning to use for design notes but which Sydney has squirreled away as a personal artwork journal. She is such an incredible drawer, I can't be too upset by that.

We are busily getting ready for the holidays. I had a little bit of a reprieve in the driving-to-school department this morning since school was delayed for two hours (and since Sydney's only there for three, that means a weather day for her). The weather is fine right now, but there were ridiculous high winds last night and tons of power lines and trees down (thankfully none near us). We have a big blow-up snowman decoration on our front porch that had to be unplugged for the night after he made a run for the neighbor's yard!

I am trying to get my act together enough to send out all of the swap packages that I owe. I have everything pretty much ready but just need to find the time to sit down and pack the boxes. I was all prepared to do everything the other night only to discover that we were completely out of packing tape. D'oh! I am determined to get boxes off to my Harvest Sock Party pal, my Coffee Swap pal, my Secret Pal and my Sockret Pal. Whew! Talk about swap madness!

We also put up our tree last weekend. I call it our "Charlie Brown tree" since it has a huge chunk taken out of the back.



Bill picked this one out while I chased the children around the tree lot, but we both love it - it smells wonderful and fits right into this household of wild children, poor housekeeping and crazy cat. I need to take another picture of it decorated, since that is pretty haphazard as well (it's impossible to keep anything on the lower branches due to said wild children and crazy cat, so it's looking rather top-heavy).

I'll leave you with my lovely daughter modeling my shirt from last weekend's race (yes, it was the Red Nose Run Deer). Bill and I watched the Hawaiian Ironman coverage last night and noticed that the average age of participants was rather high. Will that be my next goal, after I conquer the marathon? Hmm...a 2.5 mile swim, 100 mile bike ride and a full marathon, all in a row in ridiculously hot, windy conditions. Doesn't that sound like fun?

4 Comments:

Blogger Shelby said...

Wow- that got there fast!!

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We've only decorated the top two thirds of our tree as well. Looks kind of odd, but when you turn all the tree lights on, it's fine and cute in its own way!

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just want to say that I love your blog and enjoy reading it!

Marly
www.knitthing.blogspot.com

12:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the 5K! And I really like your tree. I put another package in the mail to you today. Should be there before Friday. :-) Your Sockret-Pal

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home