Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Media craziness, SAM2 participants and some pics

First up, to the best of my ability, I've added everyone who has signed up for SAM2 to the sidebar. If you're in, please check to make sure your name is there and your link is correct. I really tried to get it all right, but I can't guarantee anything! We also have some great buttons - thanks to Karen and Ragan. Please take one for your blog!

Next, I wanted to share some of the media coverage that MomMA has been getting this week. Last night, our first coffee gathering in celebration of World Breastfeeding Week had a little blurb on the 5:00 news (you can watch the video feed here - I'm the one in the background with the black-and-white MomMA shirt on, and Owen is the little guy in the light blue playsuit). They're a little bit off on their facts since Chris is definitely not a first-time mom and I'm the one who actually started the group, but whatever. I think it's a pretty positive story. Then, this morning, the Oregonian article came out. I was really happy about this article and thought Shelby (the reporter) did an amazing job. I was a little disappointed that MomMA (and me, since I was there for the whole interview and did a lot of talking, too) only got a small little mention at the end, but it was great that she was able to give some serious space to Chris's Fred Meyer story and hopefully dispel some of the stupid rumors that have been going around about Chris flashing the entire store and trying to be as indiscreet as possible.

Now on to some yarn. As promised, I'm also going to post a few pictures (finally!). First, I've got some great swag that needs to be shown off. I'll start with the amazing package I got from my SP8:



Awesome green yarn and some really yummy-smelling soaps & lotions were just the highlights of this really great package. Thanks, pal!

I also got a hank of sock yarn from Michelle, who is a fellow sock-cruiser. I happened to visit her blog while she was having a little contest, and I won this baby!



She's starting up her own line of hand-dyes, and she's got some gorgeous ones still up for grabs so go check them out.

I also got a lovely little hank of Mt. Colors Weaver's Wool Quarters in the colorway Yellowstone from Sonya. She told me I could either keep it for myself as a thank-you for running the knit-along, or throw it into the prize pot.



What do you think I should do? I'm so torn, as I absolutely ADORE this colorway. I guess you'll find out what I decide when I do the prize drawings next week, huh?

And now for the fun stuff - the prize baskets. Here are the two grand prize baskets...

#1:


#2:


In addition, I'll be drawing for these four "future pairs of socks" to reward sock-a-monthers who have completed socks in all six months (Feb through July):



The cashmere (which is on the far right) will go to an extra-socky knit-alonger who has completed SEVEN pairs (January through July). Now, is that some serious prizage or what?

Next on the agenda is the sock update, which will have to wait until tomorrow. I'm also going to get my vacation pics in an album for those of you who want to see them. Thanks for your patience! I need an extra set of fingers to keep up with everything (well, actually what I need is a full-time nanny, but let's not go there...).

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw the article in The Oregonian this morning. Way to go. Patti

8:30 AM  
Blogger Charity said...

Is it too late to join the SAM?

8:49 AM  
Blogger Bitterknitter said...

Chrissy-

You missed me! I am SO in for round 2!

-Lisa
http://www.knittinsnit.blogspot.com

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sent you an email on Monday with my July sock photo and to sign up for the SAM 2, hope you got it... I'm totally up for the next six months...! Thanks for all your hard work, you're amazing.

greetingarts.typepad.com

9:59 AM  
Blogger Miss Tonia said...

You forget me, too, for SAM2. Please don't forget me.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Ragan said...

Ohhh...those are some wonderful goodies!!!! Both the ones you have received and what you have to send out!

11:06 AM  
Blogger wendy said...

Looks like I'm not the only one to have miised the July one...I was deep in the boonies.

1:30 PM  
Blogger lexa said...

I do have something to send to you. I forgot to take it to work today and mail. It will be too late for this draw now, so you can keep it for SAM2!

1:45 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

I am SO out of the running for those goodies, but they look incredible! Hopefully my performance in SAM2 will be more admirable. At least it should be. I've got enough stuff on the needles to last a lifetime! *grin*

2:38 PM  
Blogger jillian said...

I was JUST thinking about you! Lovely yarn enhancement - you really have an eye for the good stuff! I love the work you're doing to turn the tide of anti-public-breast-feeding!

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops. I guess I forgot to update you before we went out of town. July socks were here:
http://knittingiris.typepad.com/knitting_iris/2006/07/socks_like_brac.html
AND here:
http://knittingiris.typepad.com/knitting_iris/2006/07/knitting_in_ala.html

Sorry about that. It's not like you don't already have enough to do.
If there's room for me in the next round still, I'd love to be included. If not, NO BIGGIE! I'll be checking in on your updates and watching everybody else, though!
Thanks for all the sock-knitting inspiration. It's been fun! I know it's a lot of work for you, so thank you for making such a gargantuan effort for all of us!

3:24 PM  
Blogger sillyewe said...

Awesome!! What a great secret pal you have!! I love love love the greens. And the prizes! Wow! You rock.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

What a wonderful package from your SP! Great prizes too!

7:37 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

The prize baskets look wonderful! There'll be some lucky knitters in blogland. I'm so glad you're getting good press coverage for MomMA. Way to go!

7:05 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

SAM2 Is awesome because I have soooo many socks to knit for Christmas!

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Oregonian article. Keep up the good fight.

Missed you at the knitting guild meeting in July.

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad that you liked the green package. I love to make color themed boxes. I had fun outting it together.
Glad you have a good trip and I am glad the package was still there after all that time.
your SP8 Pal

2:56 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Welcome back! The prize packages loof like fun. Please add my name to the list for SAM2. Also, I don't know if you got the message that I finished 2 pairs of socks for July.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Jillio said...

woooow, look at all that swag! droolage! i'm totally loving the green action. :)
i'm trying to figure out if i'm up for SAM2...ah, what the hell! i've been doing well so far; i only missed the last couple months because i've been gone on trips and such. sign me up! oh wait, i better email you, huh? okay!
may i remind you that you are so awesome? multi-tasking mommy! woot! go you!
oh, and KEEP THE YARN! hehe...

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home