Saturday, July 08, 2006

August B-day Swap Questionairre

What day is your birthday?
8/11

Are you crafty?
I like to think so! I used to do counted cross stitch a lot and have done some artsy stuff like paining and drawing. But lately it's been all about the knitting.

Would you enjoy things like: Buttons, ribbons and embellishments?
Definitely! Esp. stuff I could use in my knitting, like a ribbon for a pretty sweater tie or big buttons for a felted bag.

Do you dye your own wool?
I haven't ever done this, but would love to try someday!

Do you like to scrapbook or make homemade cards?
This is one of those things I just don't have time for.

What small project would you be interested in making? Socks, mittens, scarf, hat, baby items, wash cloths, doilies, shrugs etc
I'm always up for socks...

What are your favorite scents?
Cucumber, vanilla, citrus, melon, anything clean.

Do you like stationary and cards?
Yup! Esp. knitting-related, but anything cute/pretty is good.

Do you like hand lotions or soaps?
I love them, but don't ever seem to use them. Candles would get more use from me...

Do you like to sew or embroider items?
Again, don't have time to do this.

Do you like beads?
Yes! I do make beaded stitch markers, so fun beads are always enjoyed.

What kind of mail-able snacks do you like to eat?
Well, chocolate is my favorite, but I'll also eat anything salty and love hard caramels.

Do you like to wear costume jewelry? Necklace, earrings, bracelets etc.
I love them but don't ever seem to wear them.

Do you like to play cards or board games?
I am a Trivial Pursuit fiend, and used to play cards all the time but haven't lately. Can't wait until I can start playing w/ my daughter.

What are your favorite colors of yarn?
I love earth tones - deep oranges, greens, browns and reds. For sock yarn, anything goes!

Do you like solid, variegated, heathers, or self stripping yarns?
All of the above!

Do you like kitchen magnets or key rings?
I used to collect magnets, but now we have a stainless steel fridge and they don't stick - so sad! I would love a cute key ring - right now my keys are on an ugly metal coil.

Do you like picture frames?
Yes!!!

Do you like to make/or use stitch markers?
Yes!!!

Do you collect anything?
Simpsons chotchkes.

Do you have any allergies? Smoke, food, fiber, pets, etc..
No allergies, but strongly prefer smoke-free.

Do you have any hobbies?
Um, knitting?

Do you like scented or unscented candles?
Definitely scented.

Are you a fiber snob?
Yes, and I become more of one every day. Although I did just do some designs using Lion Brand yarn and was pretty impressed with their stuff. I really liked working with the Lion Cashmere and Microspun. Go figure!

2 Comments:

Blogger Charity said...

One of the things I love about these swaps is that you learn so much about people! :-)

9:29 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Hey knittin mom...have you received your sock yarn that you won from my site yet??
Can't wait to hear what you think!

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home