Sunday, July 02, 2006

Super Sock Sunday!

Or should I say Super (super) (super) Sock (sock) (sock) Sunday (Sunday) (Sunday)? You know, like those Monster Truck Rally commercials? Anyway, I'm hoping Blogger will be more cooperative this time. If not, maybe I'll take Jennifer's suggestion and go get Firefox. I have been on IE forever - I'm such a dinosaur. It's not that I like it, particularly, I just don't dislike it enough to bother getting myself a different browser.

Anyway, enough about browsers. Let's see those socks!

First of all, Jenn has an old pair of May brownie points that I forgot to count. Sorry I missed them, because they are rockin'! Although they do seem strangely familiar... Are you sure I didn't post them? Are you trying to sneak in an extra brownie point? You're lucky I'm too lazy to go back and check...(although any of you thinking of telling me that I missed 64 of your brownie points, think again! My memory is bad, but not THAT bad...). Oh, yeah - she also finished her June socks!

Zonda whipped up some Fixation Footies.

Siri the Wonder Knitter has four pairs for us. Mom's May Socks, Zutanos, Marble Socks and Regia Strato socks for Father's Day. Whew!

Ragan finished more little blue socks for a brownie point.

Jen finished up some nicely matching striped socks for her grandfather.

Michelle finished up some tiny little socks for CIC:



Karen finished a lovely pair of Fisherman's Socks 2.

Quikeye finished up a perfect pair of Pomatomi.

Carry finished up a cute little pair of fraternal twins for the Dulaan Project.

Johanna finished some striped Meilenweit socks.

Julie has finished some socks that she thinks are "the most hideous socks this side of the Mississippi". You'll have to go see them for yourself...

Helga finished some swirly socks of her own design.

Roberta knit up some 4th of July Footies. How patriotic!

Brianne has two pairs - one red and one blue.

Christine finished a nice baby blue pair of baby cable rib socks.

Sheri's also got red and blue pairs of socks for some brownie points.

Dave finished a pair of blue socks, one of which he knit toe-up, the other top-down (he gives a review of both methods).

Christy finised a lovely pair of Trekking XXL socks.

Kris finished a pair of Fairgrounds Socks of her own awesome design.

Karen finished some electric blue socks with her first attempt at dying yarn.

Living Lakeside knit up some pretty blue socks.

Sonya finished her hubby's Norwegian Stockings. What a lucky guy! I have promised Bill that one of my very next designs will be for his feet, but they're just. So. Big.

Abigail (who I just found out is also going on the sock cruise - yay!) finished two June pairs.

Adrienne finished a super funky pair of Pomatomuses.

Kristy knit these lovelies for June:



Jessica came in just under the wire with some Embossed Leaves.

Persnickety Knitter snuck in a pair of blue Trekking XXL socks.

And Choomon is our very last entry for June, with a pair of Simply Lovely Lace socks.

Finally, I will announce our lucky winner. It is...Sonya! If anyone deserves it, she does for knitting TWO pairs of Norwegian stockings in the month of June. Just in time for summer! Get me your addy and I will send you a nice yarny prize.

Since Blogger seems to be a little more cooperative today (although it will probably stop now that I've said that), I'm going to try to show you a few more pics. First, the missing yarn pic from my trip to Knot Another Hat the other day:



Isn't it purty? I can't wait to dig into that Cascade 220, although it is a bit hot to knit with in the middle of summer.

Next, we have my 2nd package from my One Skein Secret Pal:



She sent a cute little card, a recipe for Honey Mustard Chicken that looks totally yummy, and a little hank of Tartelette from Knit One Crochet Two. It's so pretty, and not something I would normally buy for myself (which is a good thing - I tend to get stuck in a plain wool-only rut). Thanks, pal!

Oh, she also sent me a couple sheets of stickers. They didn't make the picture because they were otherwise engaged:



Not the best picture of Sydney, but it's the best she would give me. This was taken this morning, and she's still running around with stickers all over her, crazy girl!

And since I have a girl picture, I took one of the boy and his new haircut:



It's a tad bit uneven, but it was the best I could do. Bill held him down while I slashed and Owen screamed his little head off. He does NOT like getting his hair cut. But we decided it was time since his bangs were very much in his eyes.

I am knitting away on my Knitscene design, and I am just delighted at how it is turning out. It's a fast knit, and it's so cute. I can't give too much more away, but I definitely want to make one for myself! That is one of the definite downers about designing - you don't get to keep most of your knitting! And you don't have time to make your own copy of everything. I know, I know, boo-hoo. Time to get back to it! If I don't get back before the holiday, have a great 4th everyone!

5 Comments:

Blogger Sonya said...

My first bloggy prize! Woot! I love that picture of Sydney and her stickers. Do you have to scrub her down with Goo Gone so she's not sticky?

7:37 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

I fell asleep on the couch once while Aaron was playing nearby and I woke up covered in stickers! LOL!

10:35 PM  
Blogger lexa said...

eeekkk!!! I just realized this is the last month for the KAL! :( I will get some stuff in the mail for you next week to use as either additional prizes or add to the Big 'Un - up to you!

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there! Finished my July Hedera socks!

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey gal,

It is a total of 4 pairs of socks for June! I love not working:0)

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home