Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Yes, I'm back, but...

I've got nearly 100 of you who are signing up for SAM2, and I'm furiously working on getting the sidebar updated. I've also got a gazillion socks to post, and I'm waiting for the last few July socks to come trickling in. I will then ask you all to do an audit and make sure everything is correct, because I don't want to exclude anyone from the drawings due to the fact that I can't seem to get everyone's letters correct with any kind of regularity. So, I will get the updates posted by the end of this week, and then you will have until the end of next week to make sure that they are correct. I will do the drawings on August 13, my mom's birthday! And when I say we have some fabulous prizes, I do mean FABULOUS! I just took pictures of the two grand prize baskets (yes, there will be TWO grand prize baskets with enough yarn in each of them to make six pairs of socks), and there are also some bonus skeins that will go to a few other lucky winners including the yummy hank of Cashmere from Hip Knits.

But will I be posting pictures today? Of course not! That would require some level of organization that I just don't have in me. Plus, both the kids are still reeling from their long vacation and are extra clingy. Owen in particular is insisting on being held most of the day. So, since he has a strong affinity for pounding on computer keyboards when they're within his reach, that means very little computer time for yours truly. I'm going to see if Bill is feeling charitable enough tonight to give me a couple kid-free hours to get some stuff done. Never mind the fact that I have several patterns to write/grade that are due this month... August is only one day old, and I'm already worrying about the end of the month!

I'm also totally wrapped up in the events of World Breastfeeding Week this week. MomMA is hosting a bunch of coffees for nursing moms, and the Channel 2 news attended our first one this morning. We ended up sitting next to another new mom who was nursing her baby (unrelated to our group), and she ended up being interviewed by the reporter. Little did she know when she went to get coffee this morning that she was going to end up on the news! She was a very good sport about it, though. My MomMA co-founder Chris also got some microphone time in, and it should be airing on one of the evening broadcasts tonight, for those of you in the Portland area.

Okay, time to go deal with Owen before he pulls a Linda Blair on me. Stay tuned, for the sock updates will be coming! I promise!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jillio said...

yayayaya! you're back! woot! long vacations are great, aren't they?
and your comment was so funny. hahaha! gotcha! ;P
now let's see some pictures! just joking. when you have time :)

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm very psyched for sock a month 2, my first KAL!

4:05 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I keep forgetting to tell you - I finished up two pairs in July! Going out with a bang I guess. They're in the Friday July 28 post. Thanks for doing all this Chrissy!

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home