Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Greetings from the Great Plains!

I'm sitting in a hotel room in Sioux Falls, SD, taking much advantage of their free wireless network. It's so great that wireless is pretty much standard fare in hotels these days... We've got one more day of driving before we hit Minneapolis and get to see our friends' new baby (who's not so new anymore). Road tripping has been fun, although it has been a hassle in a different way than plane travel with the kids. It's hard to get them fed and napped on a reliable basis, and they get crabby from being strapped in their seats for so long at a time. Owen in particular spends about 4 hours per day crying at us pissily, but he does that at home, too, so it's not abnormal behavior.

I don't have long, so I'll just make the announcement that Sock-A-Month 2 has been officially announced. See the post below this one for details. Also, my lovely and amazing MomMA co-founder Chris has whipped us up a website, which all you nursing moms and supporters should go check out. It looks really great.

Time to hit the road! Sorry to miss the sock update this week, but be ready for a mega-update and grand prize extravaganza when I get home. Knit on!

7 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Another sock a month KAL? That's great! I don't think I'll be participating this time. I've got to keep a cap on my KAL's. I did have so much fun with the first one though.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Knittymama said...

Hey, you're coming to my neck of the woods! Are you doing any yarn shopping while you're here? You know, we've got 26 yarn shops in the Twin Cities. That still kind of blows my mind sometimes (and I wonder why I have no money!)

1:01 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Okay, I'm up for Sock-A-Month 2--even though I didn't quite perform up to snuff the first go 'round. *grin* We'll miss you at guild tomorrow, but hope you're having fun on the road! :) (Did you take the new car?)

5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should have a suprize waiting for you when you get home. I hope that you enjoy it.
your sp8 pal

7:13 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

I hope you are having a great time on your vacation. I didn't quite finish a pair of socks for June, but I did complete the 2 pairs I started in June for credit for this month.
I will try to participate in Sock-a-Month 2 as time and other projects allow. Thanks for hosting it.

8:21 PM  
Blogger wendy said...

Just tell Owen not to worry by the time he's 8 he just "might" get to get out of the dreaded car seat. Soon you'll see little old ladies in them...I'm just sure of it.

10:24 PM  
Blogger Ragan said...

I hope that you are having a great time!!!

6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home