Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Sock-A-Month 2!

Coming to you live from the Comfort Inn in Sioux Falls, SD, here is the official announcement of Sock-A-Month 2! It will work the same as the first and run from August '06 through the end of January '07. Here is another go at the rules:

The goal will be to knit one pair of socks each month for the next 6 months. There will be prize drawings each month for everyone who completed a pair of socks that month. You'll also get a letter by your name for the first pair of socks you finish in a month and each letter you accumulate will give you one entry into the grand prize drawing at the end of the knit-along. Knit one pair of socks between August 1 and January 31, and you get one entry in the grand prize drawing. Knit one pair each month, and you get six entries. Easy as that! Anyone who knits a pair in each of the six months will be entered in a bonus drawing for an extra special bonus prize (ooooh! aaaah!). How's that for motivation?

This knit-along will be fairly mellow for those less-competitive folks since you can knit just one pair of socks and still get your name in the drawing one time. You can knit as many socks per month as you want, but you'll only get grand-prize credit for the first pair (so max number of entries is six). However, you will get a little * (a brownie point) by your name for each pair knit beyond your first monthly pair. At the end, all these little brownie points will get counted up, and the person with the most will win a brownie point prize.

Sign-Ups
Send me an e-mail at knittinmom at gmail dot com to sign up. I'll need your blog address (if you have one) and/or valid e-mail address. I won't use your e-mail for anything but contacting you if I have a sock-a-month-related question and to keep track of you since there are often a few of you with the same name. You don't need a blog to participate. You can sign up anytime before January 20th, 2007.

Deadlines
You must sign up by the 20th of the month to get your letter for that month (but once you're signed up, you're in 'till the end, so you don't need to sign up each month). You should try to let me know about your socks by midnight PST of the last day of the month to be included in that month's drawing. If you forget to send your update, you can get me a late update to get credit for the grand prize drawing, but you won't necessarily get in on that month's prize drawing depending on how on-the-ball I am that month.

Also, you must finish the socks (i.e. they must come off the needles) in the month in which you ask for credit. Socks can have been started anytime and can be socks that you will be giving away.

Updates
Since I am a lazy knit-along hostess, I ask that you e-mail me with your sock updates. I'd love to visit all y'all's blogs to check for socks, but since there are so many of you, I just can't do it. And I don't want to miss anyone's fab socks! So send me an update when you have your socks done and I'll give you your letter in the sidebar as soon as I republish my template. If you want to show your socks off, please join our Flickr group and post your sock pictures there.

I will be keeping track of how many socks you've knit next to your name in my sidebar. You will get a little letter for each month in which you've completed a sock. If you sent me an update e-mail before the update deadline and don't see your socks included, please let me know. With the large volume of e-mails related to this knit-along, I can't guarantee that I won't miss a few. Please be patient with me, and know that if I miss you it's not at all intentional! Just e-mail me and I'll do my best to get you updated correctly ASAP (by the next sock update at the very latest).

What counts as a sock?
Socks can be as big or as small as you'd like, but they need to have a traditional sock construction (knitted in-the-round with a turned heel). Baby booties don't count, but baby socks do. Also, they must be wearable on a human foot (no sock earrings or keychains, please). Felted slippers don't count, except for Fuzzy Feet which are basically felted socks. If in doubt, please check with me.

Join us!
E-mail me if you want to join up. With all the other sock knit-alongs going on right now, what have you got to lose? How can you beat getting multiple knit-along credits with one little pair of socks?

Let the fun begin!!!

SAM2 Knit-Alongers:

16 Comments:

Blogger carrym said...

YAY!!! So glad you're doing this again!!! :D

7:54 AM  
Blogger lexa said...

YAY!!

1:42 PM  
Blogger Doogle Knits said...

Count me in.

9:12 PM  
Blogger Manda said...

Count me in, please! :) I missed the last go-round. :D

4:38 PM  
Blogger sillyewe said...

I'm in again, too! This has been fun. :0D

8:19 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

I emailed you! Count me in!

5:14 AM  
Blogger AsKatKnits said...

I am IN - I sent you an email! I am excited to be part of this KAL!

5:02 PM  
Blogger Corrie said...

wow, I've been bidding on some opal wool on ebay so I'm in! I have a 9 week old bubs and lots of projects so might not be achieving the one per month quota but I'll do my best!

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Count me in again - sending an email now - Thanks!

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so excited my first KAL! Sending an email now.

9:08 AM  
Blogger auntgerry said...

I'm in and knitting my socks now.

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have emailed you, but not recieved an answer ?? Am I in ? I'd love to :-) I'm Vigdis, from Norway ! My site is : http://strikkestua.blogdrive.com . and mail : vis2vas@yahoo.com . Hoping to hear from you soon !

7:06 AM  
Blogger Lisa McGehee said...

Count me in. My first knit-along!My site is http://sacredpathways.blogspot.com. I've also e-mailed this information to you.

Looking forward to seeing all of the beautiful socks.

5:08 AM  
Blogger GirlyWithATwist said...

I wanna join!!! Gonna send the email shortly. *waving from Tualatin*

9:45 PM  
Blogger dianemulholland said...

I'm up for it! Do we get multiple points/entries if we complete extra pairs? :-D

3:23 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Oh no, it November. I am sending my email today to join. I have a question? In your WIPs, how did you do the bars with percentages for the projects you are working on? Thanks

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home