Friday, August 04, 2006

Here they are...the rest of the July socks!

Yes, I'm finally getting around to posting the July socks. Please take a minute and make sure you have all the proper credits. You'll have until the 13th, when I will be doing all of the super-duper prize drawings.

Also, before I get sucked into the sock vortex, I wanted to let you know that I've got a second blog now - a group blog for MomMA. That means that those of you who aren't so interested in breastfeeding won't have to hear about me go on and on here about it. For those of you who are, please go subscribe to the MomMA blog, read, leave comments and, if you're so inclined, e-mail me about contributing. We would love to have contributors from around the world to give their perspective on breastfeeding in public as they see it. If you'd like to submit a piece or become a regular contributor, just let me know.

Okay. Back to the socks!

Kelly finished some crazy pink striped slinky socks for her daughter.

Melanie finished some alpaca socks for her lucky hubby.

Stariel's got a bunch of socks (again), starting with these Hederas. She also gets a brownie point for a pair of socks she knit for me, for the upcoming Just Socks! book (but I can't show you those).

Tonia finished a pink pair of Trekking socks, and also gets a brownie point for the Just Socks! socks she knit for me (which also happened to be pink - go figure!).

Khris knit up a pair of Secret Pal socks of her own design (free pattern included!).

Karen (who I think has earned herself the title "totally and completely insane sock lady") finished TWO MORE pairs of socks for July. That puts her at a whopping 39 brownie points, folks. She knit up a pair of Opal Petticoat socks and a pair of Sisu Fantasy socks. Whew!

Monica polished of a pair of Opal Rainforest socks.

Sillyewe finished her Pomatomuses for the Sizzling Red Hot Sock knit-along.

Sheri finished some SHOCKING green Hederas. Wow!

Sara finished some Cape Code Socks.

Erica went absolutely hog-wild in July, finishing some really soft-looking socks from her own handspun, a pair of Lion Magic Stripes for her son and a pair of cool Koigus (both in this post) for herself. She even has a pair of August socks already! Amazing!

Brianne finished this pair of socks in just six days!

Linda finished up some Pomatomi and some Harley Davidson socks for her hubby.

Kris made some Hard Rock Socks.

Lara made some Thujas for her dad's 86th birthday!

Karen has some pink July socks.

Kristy in NC tried out Magic Loop on these babies:

(Of course, Blogger won't let me upload a pic, so here's a link to it instead.)

Julie finished two pairs of Fixation Ankle Socks. See one pair on her blog (the other was a birthday picture and is pictureless).

Roberta's sending out a striped pair to her Other SP.

Ragan's got some hairy purple cabled socks and a pair of patterned pastel socks done. Funky!

Dave's got a pair of pairs - one is radioactive (good or bad? Personally I kind of like them...), and the other is paleontologic.

Adrienne finished some crazy Lickety Split socks. Those make my toes squirm just looking at 'em!

Nelda finished some lovely Little Shell socks.

Lisa finished an amazing pair of socks which are a sample for the Hip Knits Sock Club (so I can't show them to you, but are they ever cool, if I do say so myself - modesty be damned!).

Jenni worked up a pair of crocheted socks. I love me those crocheted socks!

Quikeye shows off another pair of Pomatomuses, a pair of Drunken Lightning socks and a pair of cute little toddler socks (cute toddler included).

Zonda's got One Skein Sockettes!

Kristy W has some cool cuffed Rockin' Sock Club socks and some simple ribbed socks.

Dene has Rock 'n Weave Rockin' Sock Club socks as well!

Helga knit up some Austerman Step Mud socks.

Emily made Madder Rib socks for her boyfriend. Looks like he likes them!

Judy at Living Lakeside made some Fly Fishing socks.

Michelle made her first pair of toe-up socks using some leftover stash bits.

Rachel made a lovely pair of Baudelaires.

Jessalu (who is bowing out of the next round of sock-a-month so she can spend more time spinning - go figure!) finished a pair of Wyverns.

Christy finished some shetland wool socks as a gift for her uncle. Not only that, she entered them in the fair and won first prize! Congrats!

StarzAbove knit up some Yukon Leaves.

Jennie made some funkalicious Jaywalkers.

Jenn made Cabled Footies and Trekking Socks.

And last but definitely not least, two more pairs from Siri - Neapolitan Coconut Candy socks and Trip-To-Alaska socks.

Please check those letters and let me know by next Sunday if anything is missing. Blogger crashed in the middle of this post and I lost a bunch of stuff, so I really need your help to make sure nothing slipped through the cracks. Then, stay tuned for the super prize drawings next Monday!!!

We also have some early entries for August - purple Hederas from Tanya. Yay!

Wow, that's a lot of socks. I need a beer!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will miss this knitalong - but the siren song of the wheel is calling ;o)

You're still on my feeds list (trying to move away from Bloglines, but I still have a list) and I'll be checking out everybody's socks :o)

6:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Amazing to see all those socks! I have one more Brownie Point by my count, for the Bee Stripe socks, but that doesn't really matter so much. I can't believe I've already hit 16 pairs of socks this year!

10:12 PM  
Blogger Ragan said...

Wow! That was quite a list!! I have really enjoyed this sock-a-month knitalong! I cannot wait to finish my August pair!!! :)

4:57 AM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

I totally forgot to email you, but I actually have a finished pair for July.

Also, I'm not sure if I signed up for the next sock-a-month for the fall. If I haven't, could you please add me? Thanks!

10:19 PM  
Blogger Abigail said...

I forgot to email you as well. I finished yet another pair bring me to a total of 32 pairs made in one year. Insanity....

I posted my first pair of August socks. Pop on over to my blog. And yes, another pair is on the needles.

Do not doubt that I am completly addicted to sock knitting.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Thanks so much for all the links. I love looking at everyone's socks!

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home