Sunday, June 04, 2006

Socks galore and our May winner!!!

And boy, do we have some socks! Did I mention that I actually finished a pair myself? My Spring Feet Sock Swap socks are finished, blocked, photographed and submitted to Mag Knits, and ready to mail off tomorrow. Yay, me! I also got a huge batch of submissions swatched, sketched and ready to send out. These will go to Classic Elite (they sent me all that yarn, so the least I can do in return is send them a few subs, right?) and Creative Knitting. I also worked up an awesome sock design for the next Stitch 'n Bitch book, which is going to be an advanced knitting manual. Of course, just because I think it totally rocks doesn't mean that Ms. Stoller will agree, but we'll see.

But enough about me. Let's talk about you!

Lauren finished some Ribbed Lace Socks That Rock.

Dene has some late-entry April socks - she knit up a total of 31 pairs of charity baby socks but didn't get a chance to tell me until now because, sadly, a friend of hers lost her fight with brain cancer. She also has some May socks - Opal Dreamcatcher socks and her Sockapaloooza socks. And her June socks are just in - Cedar Creek socks from the Socks That Rock club. Whew!

Kristy finished some generic stripey socks that she found very entertaining (and so do we!):



Elizabeth's got some Embossed Leaves.

Amanda's got Mardi Gras socks on a road trip.

Roberta's got some River Rapids socks (her 11th pair of socks so far this year).

Johanna's got some Falling Leaves and they are just SO pretty.

Carol's got some Hederas.

Leah has some fair-isle argyle socks and a great Subversive Cross Stitch sampler (so cool).

Jenni finished her Step-Dad's socks. She has a brownie point pair, too, but she was a bad girl and didn't post a picture of them, so she can't have it yet...

Manda has some Bi-Color socks.

Adrienne has some secret Little People Socks that are too cute.

Pixeldiva has Sockapaloooza socks.

Kris has Pomatomuses.

Erica has some stripey afterthought-heel socks and a REALLY cute baby.

Persnickety Knitter knit up some fabulous socks out of some gorgeous handspun yarn she received as a gift. Yummy!

Stariel knit some Opal Zebra socks that she had to give away due to smallness caused by lack of yarn. Doh!

Shelley knit up some Lichen Ribbed Socks.

Jennie knit some Sad Socks (sad because she can only get one of them on).

Jessica made some cashmere socks. Mmm, cashmere!

Living Lakeside finished some Fuzzy Feet but you'll have to scroll down past all the fleecy (and subsequently de-fleeced) animals to see them!

Nelda knit her son some green socks.

That's it for the May socks, and we have a few early June entries.

Quikeye made some Evening Stockings for a Young Lady. Gaw-jus!

Lolly finished some May Green Anklets just a little bit late.

Stariel finished some Lava Flow socks out of some mystery Chinese yarn.

Great socking, everyone! Now we will draw our May winner, who will receive this fabulous ball of Trekking XXL (generously donated by Zonda) as their prize:



And the winner is...Karen! Congrats, and send me your address so I can get your yarn in the mail.

I have a few more things to discuss before I FINALLY wrap this up and go watch Big Love with my hubby. First, I'd like to rally you Pacific Northwesterners to gather at the Black Sheep Gathering in Eugene in a couple weeks. This is the biggest fiber festival on the west coast, and I've been getting so jealous listening to all the Easterners go on and on and on about Maryland Sheep & Wool and the NH Fiber Festival. Come on, you guys! Let's gather! I am driving a vanload down on Saturday, so if anyone wants to meet up and knit Saturday afternoon, let me know. No reason to let those East Coasters have all the fun!

Next, I wanted to let y'all know that I'm getting the final prize packages together, and they are going to be HUGE! I'm still looking for any last-minute donations, but we'll have at least two prize baskets and possibly a couple brownie-point prizes. I'm also going to draw for the signed copy of Knit Socks! amongst all you sockers who have finished a pair every month throughout, starting in January. Also, do you guys want to continue with Sock-A-Month 2? I'm having a much better time with the updates when I only do them once a week, and if you guys are having a good time, I'd love to continue. Let me know what you think, and if there's interest, I'll start sign-ups in July.

And that's all she wrote! Happy knitting, everyone!

20 Comments:

Blogger cpurl17 said...

Since I just learned to knit socks 2 months ago, I can't stop! I joined the sock a month club late in the game and would LOVE to see it keep going!!

9:13 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Well, I only managed one pair, but I'd like to see a SAM 2. Yes, really!!!!

12:26 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Oh yeah - if you have the time in your schedule to keep it going, I would certainly be on-board again!! :)

4:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would definitely sign up again if you decide to keep it going. :)

7:10 AM  
Blogger lexa said...

I would definitely sign up for another Sock-A-Month! I hoped when this one started that you would do another one! :)

I will be sending you something soon, I hope, for a prize. Things have been tight here lately. Our long-haul truck is waaayyy over on fuel mileage. Have to get the engine checked.

I will be posting some pics of my received Sockapalooza socks once by camera batteries recharge! Either tonight or tomorrow night!

8:14 AM  
Blogger Abigail said...

Another Sock a Month, Yeah! Do it again, do it again!

I think that means yes:D

9:42 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

I will sign up this time if you have another round. I've enjoyed seeing all the socks that have been made.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Miss Tonia said...

I'm game! Let's do another! Especially since I joined this one a couple of months in.

11:46 AM  
Blogger LavenderSheep said...

I would join sock-a-month 2. It's been great fun.

I am heading down to BSG on Saturday as well. I guess I will see you down there.

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd love to see this continue, if you have the fortitude for it! Thanks for all you do, I know it's a load of work but we all appreciate it so much.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

I'm going to BSG on Friday, but may stay for the weekend. I'll look for sitting knitters if I do happen to hand around.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Yes to another Sock a month! If you have the time to do another, I'd join again (this time on time).

4:27 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Add me to list of people that wants SAM to continue!

10:42 PM  
Blogger carrym said...

Yes, let's keep SAM going! :)

I wish I could join you al the Black Sheep Gathering, but that's Pride weekend up in Seattle and I have moving to finish up as well. Plus, lucky me, I have tickets to Melissa Etheridge that weekend...but I really am bummed about missing out on the gathering. You'll post lotsa' pictures and updates right?

7:09 AM  
Blogger Ragan said...

Of course!! I am having a blast, and would LOVE to continue! I hope that you hear great news back on your submissions!!!!! And...
I finished a pair of socks for June, HURRAY!!! The pic is in my post from Monday (June 5).
:)

6:27 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Good luck with the new Stoller book. Another friend of mine is submitting as well.
Amy

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have june socks:
http://heleneh.sprayblogg.no/070606101555_host_host.html

Thanks for sharing all the sock fun with us!

Helene :)

3:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to join the sock-a-month 2! I was sorry I didn't do it this time since I am cranking out socks like crazy. I really enjoy seeing all the wonderful socks everyone has made.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Adelle said...

I finished up some June socks!

www.girliscrafty.com

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!
I would love to join a sock-amonth-2!

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home