Wednesday, May 10, 2006

As Good As It Gets

For those of you playing along with my little movie line contest, the winner was Susan for being the first person to guess Life of Brian and As Good As It Gets as the two movies I was quoting from in yesterday's post. I hadn't realized that there were so many movies that used that song! Thanks for playing along, everyone. It's making me want to start my own Movie Line contest ala Katrina. Maybe I will! Maybe I will... I love her contest, but I want people to guess my favorite lines! Is that wrong?

I don't have any knitting to talk about today. You know, I'm always thinking of blog posts while I'm driving Sydney to school and back. Then I get back to the computer and can't remember any of the great things I thought of to write about. I need to buy one of those little voice-activated tape recorders to talk into while I drive. Never mind that most of what I would get would be Sydney/Owen yelling in the background.

Poor Owen. Our dining room table is right at head height for him right now, and it's nice wood so we're loathe to stick any of those padded corners on it. So he walks into it several times a day (not a fast learner, this one) and gets really mad. When he gets mad, he'll close his eyes and scream, and in doing that he'll inevitably hit his head again. I feel so bad when I hear that little clunk. He has permanent bruises on both temples from this stupid table. I really am a bad mom, aren't I?

Speaking of the boy, I'm just got a whiff of something unpleasant as he toddled by... The barfing seems to be over for the moment, but the poop never stops. How I love parenthood!

5 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

I finished my May socks (they're my Sockapal000za socks).

http://crazybasketlady.blogspot.com

Karen aka CrazyBasketLady

10:22 AM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Have you seen those elasticized bumper pads? It's one big circle that you just wrap around your table (no stickies). I'm pretty sure I've seen them at Babies R Us & Target.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Lara 900 said...

my little boy has pretty much stopped running into the table, but now he hits his legs on just about anything: so many bruises on his shins, I just wonder how he manages to fit them all on there.

Don't worry, the bumping phase will be over soon.

1:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This will pass. My son got sick with the same thing about a month ago. Actually, everyone did. Really a bad week. Christian didn't eat for almost two weeks. But, he's back to himself and is starting to plump up again. Really scary with the little ones get sick. But, there are definite phases and you'll get through it. Well, that's what I tell myself everyday. :-)

2:54 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

My May socks are done!

4:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home