Saturday, May 27, 2006

Il Postino

The mailman was my best friend again yesterday. I got a few work things, including my contract from Interweave for the Winter socks, my yarn from Lorna's Laces for those socks, and five copies of the summer Knitter's with this in it:



There it is! French Lilac (their name, not mine!), designed by yours truly. Not sure what copyrights I'm violating by posting a picture of that picture, but I got the idea from Amy who just posted a pic of her latest Creative Knitting design.

I also got my first package from my One Skein SP!



A skein of Lana Grossa Meilenweit Cotton Fantasy sock yarn. Now, how did she know I like socks? I can't quite figure it out. She also threw in an adorable little crocheted pouch stuffed with a purple bracelet and a whole slew of stitch markers. I immediately put them to use since the ones I was using were annoying me for one reason or another. Thanks, OSSP!!!

I'm busily knitting away on my Vacation Swap project, my Spring Feet Socks (the toe decreases are only a couple inches away on the second sock!), and the Blue Moon design. Thankfully, the Blue Moon sweater is going faster than I thought. I was convinced it was going to take me months since it's knit on size 4 needles at 7 sts/inch. But it's rocking along at a good clip, thanks to my Addi Turbos. We're heading to Eugene tomorrow for the Prefontaine Classic where if the weather cooperates, we'll get to see some of the best runners in the country/world compete. I'm looking forward to all the good knitting I'll get done in the car on the drive down and back. Those socks are toast!

I also managed to finish the felted clogs for my grandmother. Now I just need to get them dry by the time my mom leaves on Tuesday. For those of you who haven't yet seen the miracle of the Fiber Trends felted clogs, here is a before pic:



I should've put my feet in them for scale, but to give you an idea, they are about as long as my forearm before felting. They look like huge, ridiculous clown shoes. When I showed them to my mom, she gave them a look like "um, don't you think they're a little big?" She was impressed with the felting process...



Here they are, nice and firm and normal foot sized. I can't tell you how much I love this pattern. Now mom and Bill both want a pair, and I've had the yarn in the old stash to make myself some for six months now. One of these days!

Mom is having a blast with the kids. Owen demonstrated his newfound climbing ability yesterday and just about scared us both out of our wits. What a little daredevil!



Hope you all are having a great Memorial Day weekend that's less rainy than ours is so far! Tomorrow, it's all about the socks!

14 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Are we suppposed to send our One-Skein pal's something already? Yikers! *heads off to go check.*

8:46 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

And I got the idea from Kerrie over at Magknits! I'm sure it's okay- it's not like you scanned the whole thing in so people won't need to buy the magazine.

9:07 AM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

You're gonna have to start "Chrissy's Wall of Fame" at your house with all the magazines you're going to have! :)

9:15 AM  
Blogger jillian said...

You are in like Flynn! So many publications!

That's a wonderful secret pal package!!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

The mailman should be bringing another package to you soon!

9:56 AM  
Blogger Sonya said...

Ok, I was going to avoid the yarn shop this weekend, but now I'm going to have to get a copy of Knitters! I've been looking for a simple summer sweater and I'm loving the French Lilac! BTW, I finished my May socks!

10:32 AM  
Blogger LavenderSheep said...

Eugene is such a fun town. The track is right across from where my dorm was. So very cool!

10:37 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Congratulations on getting your patterns accepted. It sounds like you have your work cut out for you! I really like the "French Lilac" top. It looks like something I would wear.

I also have my socks done for May - pics are on my site. Have a great weekend.

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats sister!!!!

12:31 PM  
Blogger Charity said...

I LOVE the felted clogs! You did a really nice job. And the French Lilac looks great, too. What an amazing secret pal gift. Love the stitch markers.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Your sweater is really pretty. Great job!!

2:10 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Chrissy, love the sweater!! There are several in that issue besides that one that are on my sweater list. Congratulations on all of your recent submission approvals, especially the BMFA ones.

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the top - love the purple. Ah kids. One minute they are barely crawling, the next they are scaring you. With me it was finding my youngest halfway up the stairs. Then there was the time dd followed dh up a ladder. Memories.

9:27 PM  
Blogger lexa said...

Love French Lilac! Very nice!

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home