Thursday, June 08, 2006

Oh, Sure!

The one morning that I go nuts and decide I'm going to blog AND read blogs/comment, stupid Blogger is down all day. Oh, well. I wouldn't want to ruin my reputation as a non-commenter by leaving a bunch of comments all over the place!

The kids and I went over the river and through the 'burbs to hang out with Katrina and her small fry. We had a great time and, in fact, Sydney had so much fun she wanted to move in with them. Both kids fell asleep in the car on the way home and Sydney's actually still asleep. Every once in awhile she'll have one of these marathon sleeping sessions where she goes down at 5:30 and doesn't wake up until the next morning. It's great for everything except night-time potty training...

Attention Black Sheep Gatherers:
Let's meet up at the Blue Moon Fiber Arts booth around 1:30 and find someplace to hang out and knit after that. Leave a comment if you're going to join us so I know to look out for you. If you need to know what I look like, you can check out the latest Mag Knits pattern.

God, that is a hideous picture of me! I keep waiting for it to show up on You Knit What? In fact, I'm more than a little tempted to submit it myself! It's really a cute vest, I swear! But you can't really tell that from the picture. A model, I am not. However, I will say that the picture looks much better on my PC. I don't know if the resolution went way down or what, but I am just a little bit horrified at how I'm looking at the top of the Vegan pattern. But then again, anyone who knows me is probably used to seeing me like that. I'm still secretly convinced that I have the same figure as I did pre-Sydney, or nearly so. That is, alas, not the case.

Speaking of Mag Knits, the editor, Kerrie, also recently bought a little yarn shop called Hip Knits. Those of you whom listened to the interview with her that aired on Knit Cast already know this. They sell many lovely hand-dyed yarns including - are you ready for this? - cashmere sock yarn. Aaaaah! But I digress.

I don't know if you all remember me saying I was going to do this, but I submitted my Spring Feet Sock Swap sock pattern to Kerrie for Mag Knits. She wrote me back asking if I thought it would work in Opal, which of course it would. We got to chatting (via e-mail) and it turns out she's starting a sock club. And she needs four patterns for the four months of sock club. And then she asked me if I wanted to be the exclusive sock club designer. How could I refuse, especially when she offered up that lovely cashmere yarn to knit one of the patterns in (although sadly, cashmere doesn't look like it will be included in the sock club yarns)? So go join the sock club and get some exclusive Knittin' Mom sock patterns and some amazing hand-dyed yarn. As an extra little perk, Kerrie is throwing a couple extra skeins of sock yarn in the box she's sending me, which I will include in the end-of-sock-a-month drawings. Yes, one of them is cashmere!

I guess that makes up for the horrible picture on Mag Knits. Cashmere and chocolate will salve just about anything!

8 Comments:

Blogger lexa said...

You're getting design work left, right, and centre! Great!

Cashmere.... mmmmm....

7:23 PM  
Blogger carrym said...

I really like the vest!!! And I think you look cute in the picture! :) (I know, you weren't fishing for compliments)

6:38 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Black Sheep Gathering - I may be there :) We are vacationing in OR, WA, and CA starting 6/15 and our plans are to make it to Eugene on 6/24. The meet-up is Saturday? I'd love to meet everyone :)
Dene in Texas

6:43 AM  
Blogger jillian said...

Congrats on the MagKnits gig!! How perfect!

9:23 AM  
Blogger LavenderSheep said...

I'll be there at Black Sheep. If it helps anyone Blue Moon Fiber Arts booth will be in room 3 next to the animal room. For a map of the room go to: http://www.blacksheepgathering.org/TradeShow/Bldg3.pdf
or for any more info go to:
http://www.blacksheepgathering.org/

10:42 AM  
Blogger Miss Tonia said...

Hi, I wanted to let you know, I have started a sock swap. If you are interested, please visit my blog and let me know what you think.
Happy knitting!

12:48 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

So, which day are you planning to meet at BSG? I think I'll be in and out all weekend.

2:38 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Wow, the design work just keeps gushing in, doesn't it? Congrats again! And cashmere yarn for socks... wow!

thanks again fro the tips from Bill on training. I'm not terribly patient, so it will take quite a bit of prodding to get me to actually adhere to a training regimen. thanks for trying to keep me honest!

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home