Sunday, May 07, 2006

Secret Pal 8 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I like pretty much anything other than nasty acrylic. A few favorites are anything bamboo, Manos, Kidsilk Haze and almost any kind of nice sock yarn.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
A shoebox. Pathetic, I know.

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
Since I was 10. Advanced.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I have an Amazon wishlist.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Citrus, cucumber, melon, vanilla.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes!!! I love anything chocolate (pref. milk chocolate).

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I dabble a bit in crochet, but don't really have time for anything else with all the knitting.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Pretty much anything but country. MP3s are great!

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
Crazy as it sounds, I like just about any color except lemon yellow.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married w/ 2 kids - Sydney is 3, Owen is 1. No pets.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Not a huge poncho person, but I wear the rest.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Do you even have to ask? (Hint: it's socks!)

13. What are you knitting right now?
Socks, and a design sample (tank top).

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Sure!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Right now I'm pretty attached to my circulars. I love my Denises and my Addis.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes

17. How did you learn to knit?
Grandma taught me.

18. How old is your oldest UFO?
Almost a year

19. What is your favorite holiday?
Hmm...it's neck and neck between Christmas and Easter.

20. Is there anything that you collect?
Simpsons chotchkes

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Hmm... I would love some Japanese stitch pattern books, and some Rowan mags (I don't have any). I subscribe to IK, Knitter's, Creative Knitting, Vogue Knitting and Cast-On.

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Magic loop!

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Um, what do you think? Foot is 9" long, 8" around.

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
8/11

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home