Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I am living in the house of barf.

You know how I was feeling a little sick to my stomach this weekend? Well, Bill got whatever I had but a gazillion times worse. He spend ALL DAY yesterday throwing up. It was quite horrifying. I don't have much of a stomach for barf, and I still wasn't 100% myself yet. It was quite the unpleasant day.

Adding to my misery is the fact that the Y2Knit sample, which I bound off on Sunday night, turned out all wonky. So I had to frog back to the underarms and am frantically trying to reknit it so it looks like something someone would actually want to wear. I managed to get the neckline too low, the armholes too short, and the shoulders too wide. And the buttonholes crooked. What the heck? Who am I to think I can be a knit designer?

On top of all that, Sydney is in the foulest mood I've ever seen on her. And that's saying something! It's getting so that if I see her in a room, I try to sneak back out before she spots me. Was I crazy to think I'd be able to raise decent human beings? I have enough trouble raising myself!

I'm also in a bit of a knitting slump, even besides the disasterous aforementioned sample sweater. I'm trying to get some more Blue Moon swatches done, but I just don't want to. All I want to do is curl up on the sofa, pop in Napoleon Dynamite (without hearing Sydney start to scream because she wants to watch Madagascar for the five millionth time) and knit on my long-neglected New England socks. How it would be nice to knit someone else's pattern for a change! I need that summer Knitter's to come out so I can feel a little bit better about my chosen profession.

I just tried to track my Sockapaloooza socks on-line. They're being sent overseas, and they were supposed to have arrived in 4-6 days. I sent them last Tuesday, so they should be arriving any time now. When I typed in the tracking number, however, it wasn't found in the system. Super! Just what I need - lost socks. My sock pal is apparently still working on mine, and I am dying to see them. Is it time to start stalking the mailman yet?

After all that complaining, let's put a positive spin on things. The Y2Knit sample is looking much better on the reknit. Bill has stopped throwing up every two hours and looks to be on the mend. Sydney is asleep, and I'm hoping a nap will improve her mood. The kitchen is clean, Owen is entertaining himself, and the weather outside is fine. To quote from two of my favorite movies (can you guess what they are? there might be a little prize in it for the first person who can name them both...) "Always look on the bright side of life."

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Always look on the bright side of life" is definitely Monty Python's "Life of Brian"--a total hoot of a movie! I have that song downloaded on my ipod.

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, and so sorry about all the barf. That makes for a very long day.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Bitterknitter said...

Life of Brian and, Dumb and Dumber? I'm guessing on the Dumb one since you said 2 of your faves ;-)

We, also, are in the house of barf (and other, even less appetizing explosions from bodies) Beware the foul mood, as it may be an indicator that poor Sydney is next in line to be sick (hate to say it, but it's probably true!)

Hang in there!

-Lisa

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, you poor thing. I know those days, where, less than twenty minutes after waking, you're already counting down the hours until bedtime (or, at least until the kids go to bed!). Hope everyone is on the mend soon enough, and that Sydney's mood changes for the better. Maybe you'll get a package today...?!

4:19 PM  
Blogger lexa said...

Dontcha hate days like this? I haven't heard a word from my Sock Pal at all. Ever. I'm hoping she likes to keep it totally anonymous til I get the package, but mostly I lean towards feeling that I will be get some "sock saviour" socks!

4:22 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Oh gosh, I'm glad Bill is feeling better now and hope the kids don't get it. Okay, for the contest . . . again, nothing to see here. It's a stretch, but my guesses are Life of Brian and Berenstain Bears. LOL - I'm not sure you're a Berenstain Bears fan!!

4:33 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Life of Brian and The Meaning of Life, both by Monty Python :-)

4:52 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Monty Python's Life of Brian and Sliding Doors with Gwenyth Paltrow! Two of my faves too!

5:08 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Dave already beat me - but Life of Brian and Meaning of Life. God I love that song!
I sent my sockpal socks overseas too - 4-6 days, but it ended up taking about 10. Fingers crossed that they're not lost!

5:43 PM  
Blogger knittinmom said...

Well, you guys got Life of Brian right away, but the second movie I'm thinking of hasn't been guessed yet. Technically, the quote from the second movie was "Always look on the bright side of your life". Does that help anyone?

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As Good as it Gets and Life of Brian. Love love love Life of Brian! But I don't love barf!

6:32 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I know how you feel- my "own" knitting projects have been horribly neglected for the past 2 months- so many design projects and deadlines! I'm up knitting on one right now before work- it's not even 6 am!

2:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home