Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Where do I even start?

How 'bout with some socks?

Adrienne finished some Opal M socks:



Wendy finished her 7th pair of Olympic Sockettes and gets her 7th brownie point. She is well in the lead for the brownie point prize, now!

Emily finished some really cool stripey Regia socks and a pair of fuzzy feet which will earn her her first brownie point.

And now a little message for Leslie - send me a link to your blog, hon! The comments that you've left me don't have your blog or your e-mail addy, so I have no way to contact you. Blogger makes it a little difficult to find folks sometimes, and I definitely want you to get credit for your socks!!! That's a good reminder for everyone to check their names in the sidebar and make sure their link is correct. If there isn't a link, please e-mail me your blog so I can add it. If you just leave a blog comment, I have limited info sometimes, especially if you don't have a public Blogger profile!

Johanna knit some gorgeous jacquard socks for her M.

Whew! That's a lot easier at the beginning of the month than it was at the end! You guys are such great inspiration. I don't mean to constantly be griping about how much work this knit-along is turning out to be. It is so great to find so many new blogs to read, and see so many awesome socks and sock yarns. Life gets a little overwhelming at times, but this sure beats going to the office every day!

I just gave Owen his first cereal bar. He's proceeding to mash it all over his highchair tray (and into his clothes and hair). I can't believe how big he's gotten. My friend Chris with the 5-week-old baby came to knitting group with him last night, and he is such a teeny little peanut. Owen looks like a giant in comparison. And Sydney - she's starting to lengthen out and really look girlish rather than toddler-ish. I guess technically she's a preschooler now and not a toddler. It's so much fun watching them grow up. Before you know it, we'll be going to graduation, and weddings, and having grandchildren... Isn't it funny how life just goes faster and faster the older you get?

Inspired by Larissa's Living-In-A-Poop-House post, I'm posting proof that we are living in a barf house over on this side of town. Owen was delightedly playing with Bill's shoe the other day, and lo and behold, when Bill went over to rescue it, he found this.



That's baby barf in its purest form. It's just about 30 minutes removed from being Earth's Best Rice and Green Beans. Good thing he noticed it before he put his foot in there!

We had our own little poopy incident this morning. I generally change Owen just before we leave to pick Sydney up from preschool, and I usually only allow enough time for a wet diaper. Fortunately, this morning we left early so we could stop at Target first. Well, when I opened the diaper cover, it was one of those explosions where the entire diaper area is covered. I quickly handed Owen a little wooden block, since sometimes he'll lay still for a minute if he has something to occupy him. Not this morning! The block went straight into the bowels of hell - I mean, the dirty diaper. Followed by his hands. Both of them. He was grabbing around down there like he thought I was trying to take his little soldier away from him. My solution to the situation was to throw about 500 baby wipes at it, hoping I could get most of the poo off his hands before he decided to put them in his mouth. I was pretty sure the block would have to be burned in the fireplace, along with the diaper cover... Ah, the joys of parenthood. Good thing they're so cute...



This is Owen's favorite new play place - under my desk. I've tried to put a dam up to keep him away from the cords, but he's going to get back there and unplug everything one of these days (most likely when I haven't saved anything for awhile). Why can't he be more like his sister?

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome... I am not the only one living in a poop filled world!
Apparently the cowboy was bargaining with D tonight... pooping on the potty in exchange for a violin... I so am not kidding!

6:50 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I think every kid has a poop incident. I know I've experienced plenty of them with my two.

7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Owen looks so adorable in his hiding place. Just think, in a few years you'll be looking back and marveling at how small he was!

11:45 PM  
Blogger aija said...

OMG I'm laughing so hard at the barf in a shoe... I never thought I'd think things like this were hilarious (and true) til I became a parent :)

12:19 AM  
Blogger Christy said...

I've got two kids in diapers and it's a poop house around here!

My March socks are done, too!

7:51 AM  
Blogger Amy from Ezekiel's Garden said...

Oh my! That sounds like a typical blowout at our house, too. It always happens on the day that I need to wash diapers, too, and have no more clean covers. The barf story is funny, too! The places that they pick to spit up, huh?

7:51 AM  
Blogger Ragan said...

Oooo...so cute!

9:43 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Ahhhh....I remember those poopie days.

Amy

12:15 PM  
Blogger chris said...

Aah, barf in a shoe and poop at Target! I feel you! Well, technically, we don't have Target, so for me, it's usually poop at Wal-Mart. And yay for Earth's Best! I used to be really good and make Bossy's food from scratch, but that got old pretty quick once Stinky came along. Thank goodness for Earth's Best. ;-) Thanks for all the sock updates- take care, Chrissy! :-)

1:21 PM  
Blogger sillyewe said...

What great pics of your kids and motherhood inspiring stories.......hmmmm. Do I, or don't I want kids? heh heh They ARE damn cute, though. It must be an adventure every day. :0)

March socks are done. Large, ugly, and done.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

March socks are completed.
BlueBerry Waffle socks pattern
http://needlesetpinza.blogspot.com

7:45 AM  
Blogger Jen Hagan said...

I have to add my old cliche--they're just cute enough that you don't kill 'em & just evil enough so you don't eat 'em up! My first one was the Debble (as The Water Boy's mom sez). She once spread a whole stick of butter all over a sliding glass door, and I won't tell ya exactly what she did with her poop one time--kinda artistic, it was! When they're quiet, be afraid. My girls are 21, 23, & 25, and all that stuff still seems like yesterday.

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home