Sunday, February 26, 2006

Land of 10,000 Socks

I've been putting off a sock update, waiting for pics of my Olympic Shrug (yes, it's done!). However, as much as I love procrastinating, my inbox is stuffed with socks and I'm afraid it's going to explode if I don't start posting this instant. I will try to get some shrug pics up this afternoon, but in the meantime, I've got some serious sock p*rn for y'all!

Nelda has yet ANOTHER pair of brownie point socks. These were made at the request of her poor sockless son whose feet are now happy in a stripy blue pair.

Karen finished her Olympic Socks - two-at-once, toe-up Checkers socks for her best friend who is currently on pregnancy bed rest (poor thing!).

Tammy knit up some grey ribbed socks and learned why gauge is so important! Luckily, she has a little sister with little feet to gift these to (lucky for the sister, for sure!).

Laura finished some happy little rainbow-colored socks which I find delightful (sorry, Mr. A! We'll have to agree to disagree.**) She also came up with a great sock-a-monthy twist on Alanis Morrissette. I used to do this with songs all the time when I was a kid (most famously to Bon Jovi's "You Give Love A Bad Name", which I changed to "Shot through the arm, and you're to blame! Doctor, you give me that Band-aid". That's all I have to say about that...).
**see footnotes on her post for more details about the disagreement w/ Mr. A

Sherrill finished her second brownie-point socks (scroll down past the spectacular pics of her garden, which I, with my postage-stamp-sized city lot, really enjoyed drooling over).

Joanna finished up some scrumptious Cascading Leaves socks for her F.

Abigail finished some lovely Arizona socks for another brownie point. She also has a little contest going, and some yarn p*rn! Good reading over at 1870 pearl!

That's all she wrote. Keep those sock updates coming!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cece said...

Hey - just finished my month's socks also! Here they are! http://fiberfish.blogspot.com/2006/02/february-socks.html

And sign me up for March, for sure!

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home